Windows 10: I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key

Discus and support I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key. I can't find it on my account because like the idiot I am. Instead of calling Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MasterMs, Dec 27, 2019.

1. MasterMs Win User

I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key

I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key. I can't find it on my account because like the idiot I am. Instead of calling Microsoft first, I tried to just find some random key that works online. So I put it in but I accidentally am now connected to some random organization. All I want is to get my old product key back so I can call Microsoft and fix my ****.

:)

MasterMs, Dec 27, 2019

2. Lost Product Key & motherboard has been replaced

I lost my product key to a laptop that the motherboard has also been replaced.

where & how can i find my product key and how can i activate my windows 10?

I have all the digits of the key except the 5 digits.

Please help

Farhad1336, Dec 27, 2019
  3. DuuItNow Win User
    Switched out motherboard

I have recently switched out my motherboard and am having difficulty finding where the Windows product key is located. My computer was activated before the motherboard switch but I am unsure what email I used as most of my old email accounts I no longer
    have access to (deleted)

DuuItNow, Dec 27, 2019
  4. NDIBEMADU Win User

Lost of Product Key

I bought my Laptop in July 2015 with the Home and Student Microsoft Word. When I refreshed my computer I lost the Product key and I could not find the CD that contain the product key. What shall I do please suggest and help.

NDIBEMADU, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key - Similar Threads - switched motherboard lost

2. how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?: My name is Christian James Calambro Gmail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** bought a new motherboard that has no OS but my old motherboard has a OS.I can transfer my old Product ID on my new motherboard Please help me....
  3. how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?: My name is Christian James Calambro Gmail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** bought a new motherboard that has no OS but my old motherboard has a OS.I can transfer my old Product ID on my new motherboard Please help me....
  4. how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i lost my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i lost my product key: hi okay so im only 12 y/o and i do not have the box for my product key , i threw it away and i dont know how to acctivate my microsoft, my parents also dont know where its at so idk what to do , do i have to go to fixing shop to find it cause i diont have it and im scared?...
  6. My product key is lost.

My product key is lost.: I am not able to find my serial/product key, it is not in my emails, and I threw away my box. Can my problem be solved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key-is-lost/6f172b68-0400-480e-b424-eac833b2b55f
  7. Lost product key and new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost product key and new motherboard: My last motherboard died on me and I got a new motherboard I plan to install with my old SSD on it with windows. I intend to install a fresh copy but don't have my product key. How would I go about obtaining that key before I attempt to install anything? Thanks for any help....
  8. Lost my product key

Lost my product key: I need your help. Don’t know where to find it. Thank you, S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-product-key/74c897be-52fe-45c1-aa1c-111d9897ef98"
  9. I lost my product key

I lost my product key: Hi La familia I lost my product key before activating my windows. How do i get it. Help Regards Sizah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-product-key/bce014b1-268b-4bc7-9b53-9c9a831967d0"
  10. I lost my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost my product key: Hi guys, I restarted my PC and I tried to install windows 10 again but I cant find my product key. I got it from my university and you guys provided my one but I could not find it this time. Please help ASAP....