Windows 10: I take action on a malware ,am I Safe?

Discus and support I take action on a malware ,am I Safe? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I downloaded this thing that had a virus in it and when I downloaded it, it said it had a virus. Then McAffe told me if I could make them change my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JanJadlowski, Jan 30, 2021.

1. I take action on a malware ,am I Safe?

So I downloaded this thing that had a virus in it and when I downloaded it, it said it had a virus. Then McAffe told me if I could make them change my computer. Then I blocked the download, put it in my bin and emptied it. I did a scan and everything was fine. Am I safe now?

[Original Title: Am I Safe?]

:)

JanJadlowski, Jan 30, 2021

2. windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Octopolus Win User
    No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon

1st suggestion didnt work at all.
    2nd suggestion works but after that when i stop the device the "normal way" its still the same, no "safe to remove device" shows up

Octopolus, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

I take action on a malware ,am I Safe?

Le Boule, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

I take action on a malware ,am I Safe?

1. I take action on a malware ,am I Safe? - Similar Threads - action malware Safe

2. am i safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    am i safe?: so i installed a thing for obs and it ended up being a virus and now i have soo many questions. In windows security it has three threats found and when i click to remove them it dosent work and it just stays theres. also it seems someone has hacked my fortnite? thank god...
  3. am i safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    am i safe?: so i installed a thing for obs and it ended up being a virus and now i have soo many questions. In windows security it has three threats found and when i click to remove them it dosent work and it just stays theres. also it seems someone has hacked my fortnite? thank god...
  4. am i safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Am i safe to uninstall this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am i safe to uninstall this?: I have an ethernet adapter which i want to uninstall because its from my VPN that i uninstalled long ago and i just wanna get rid of it. Is it alright to? should i delete the driver it came with aswell? i dont even use ethernet...
  6. Am i safe to uninstall this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am i safe to uninstall this?: I have an ethernet adapter which i want to uninstall because its from my VPN that i uninstalled long ago and i just wanna get rid of it. Is it alright to? should i delete the driver it came with aswell? i dont even use ethernet...
  7. Am I Safe?

Am I Safe?: So I downloaded this thing that had a virus in it and when I downloaded it, it said it had a virus. Then McAffe told me if I could make them change my computer. Then I blocked the download, put it in my bin and emptied it. I did a scan and everything was fine. Am I safe now?...
  8. Am I Infected with Malware?

Am I Infected with Malware?: hello, I have what can only described as exploding dots. from a dot to a circle about 1cm. the cursore moves all over opening and closing apps. Ran defender no joy. down loaded malicious removal tool. no joy. HELP. [Original Title: malware]...
  9. Am I infected with malware?

Am I infected with malware?: I am having odd things happening on my laptop. I'm trying to download and update: KB558244 2020-04cumulative update for Windows 10 version 2004. The update fails with the message: "There were some problems installing updates... 8000ffff. Also I have tried to run the...
  10. I am stuck with safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am stuck with safe mode: When set up msconfig into safemode to boot default I can't sign in because my password is incorrect, now I am stuck with safemode. I don't know why, I tried everything! But it keeps telling me that to sign in and my password is incorrect when its not..tried to fix this up but...