Windows 10: I think I accidentally merged my drives.

Discus and support I think I accidentally merged my drives. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a 1TB HDD drive and a 1TB SSD drive. Yesterday I formatted my PC and did a fresh Windows 10 install. After that was done, I went on to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VersedFlame, Nov 30, 2020.

1. I think I accidentally merged my drives.

I have a 1TB HDD drive and a 1TB SSD drive. Yesterday I formatted my PC and did a fresh Windows 10 install. After that was done, I went on to the Computer Management to set up my drives, I right clicked on my SSD, hit New Distributed Drive or however you call it and started it, but the thing is that Windows would not let me continue setting up the discs if I didn't "add" the other drive to the resulting drive. So I had to let it working all night, just to wake up to a 1.81TB drive which I never had.

What the hell have I done and how do I get my 2 1TB drives back how they were before formatting?

submitted by /u/VersedFlame
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VersedFlame, Nov 30, 2020
  2. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Nov 30, 2020
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive.
    Is there a way to undo this?!?

I want to separate my Downloads folder from D drive but I also want it to be placed under the D drive itself BUT under its
    own folder. Can anyone help me with this please??

Kingsley1124, Nov 30, 2020
  4. mattyb_98 Win User

I think I accidentally merged my drives.

Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

I think I accidentally merged my drives.

1. I think I accidentally merged my drives. - Similar Threads - accidentally merged drives

2. I think I merged my D drive and my Desktop together Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I merged my D drive and my Desktop together Please help: Hello, I think I merged my D drive and my desktop together. Whatever I download on my D drive goes to my desktop and this problem has been bothering mefor a while now. Please help.!!!...
  3. i accidentally merged my downloads and videos file with drive d

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i accidentally merged my downloads and videos file with drive d: help me pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-downloads-and-videos-file/2abb1560-5b76-464c-943f-97e6c8798eac
  4. I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.: [IMG][IMG]Now I have program files in both my C and D drives. I have sent you 2 images, please consider my request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive/1d19a627-e84a-4622-a72e-91ed005a5c7c
  5. I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive: Whenever I go to open my hard drive it recognizes it as the downloads folder. I was just trying to change the location of where my downloads went but they merged into one big folder and I can't figure out how to fix this issue...
  6. I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop

I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop: Now every time I move something to my desktop it goes to my C drive and all the folders in the C drive are appearing on my desktop and I cant move them, is there a solution to this? Thanks...
  7. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive: I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my C: but I somehow merged the two instead and cannot figure out how to undo it. I honestly know very little about computers, so...
  8. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY 3D OBJECTS FOLDER TO H DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY 3D OBJECTS FOLDER TO H DRIVE: I accidentally merged my 3D Objects folder to H Drive when I was transferring my 3d objects folder location in the properties and now the PC is recognizing the folder as only my H Drive. Whenever I click on the 3d objects folder its exactly the same as if i clicked on my H...
  9. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE: As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop as well. I would like...
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE: I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive. Is there a way to undo this?!? I want to separate my...