Windows 10: I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder!

Discus and support I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While trying to clean my drive, I erased my temporary files. Unknowingly, I selected the downloads folder to include in the purge. However, for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chaosmaker1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder!

While trying to clean my drive, I erased my temporary files. Unknowingly, I selected the downloads folder to include in the purge. However, for some reason, it kept two folders out of everything. I have no clue why. Is there any way to get my files back? Or are they permanently gone?

:)

Chaosmaker1, Feb 28, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder! :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder! :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 28, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 28, 2021
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder!

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder!

1. I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder! - Similar Threads - accidently deleted everything

2. I accidently merged My User folder and My Downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidently merged My User folder and My Downloads folder.: I merged my User folder named lenovo with my Downloads folder accidentally. This is how my Users folder looks. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ lenovois the name of my user folder. Now I have a...
  3. Lost My CALENDAR? I think I deleted it by accident? HOW do I get it back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost My CALENDAR? I think I deleted it by accident? HOW do I get it back: So yesterday I was TRYING to speed up my Acer Laptop, & was deleting all rubbish from the Windows Start Panel that I never use, and I have suddenly realised today that I have deleted my HIGHLY IMPORTANT Windows Calendar. It has hundreds of phone numbers in it and jobs...
  4. I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident: The folder in question: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore\Children Nothing has happened yet but I am sure if I restart my computer the thing will be busted, please help....
  5. I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.: I can't delete a folder. This folder needs to be deleted though. I reset my pc and the folder i am trying to delete is the one where apps were installed on my d drive. I go to set my default app location and it says error. I did plenty of research, tried software such as...
  6. I Think I Deleted System32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Think I Deleted System32: I am using a HP Stream 14' laptop, and while trying to free up space, I highlighted most folders, and clicked delete. From there, airplane mofe was stuck to on, WiFi wouldnt turn on, I was getting an error for sound driver, and i restarted my PC and it took me into the...
  7. I accidently deleted my AppData folder...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidently deleted my AppData folder...: Yup...The title says it all. I saw it would give some more storage and thought to myself: Windows would not delete any important files would it now? I was wrong. My pathfinder is gone. Some of my homework is gone. A lot of files, apps etc. I am really depressed and i do not...
  8. I deleted my System Download Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted my System Download Folder: So I download this program and it makes me choose where to store it and I didn’t plan to have that program for long so I just choose the download folder then after I uninstall the program I can’t access my Download System Folder. How can I restore this? submitted by...
  9. Accidently deleted my start menu folder

in Cortana
    Accidently deleted my start menu folder: Hello, I accidentally deleted the start menu folder located here: C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs I just wanted to deleted 2 icons from there. When I went in the folder, only those two icons showed up, so I proceeded to delete the...
  10. I have accidentally deleted my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I have accidentally deleted my downloads folder: not sure how but I was dragging and dropping lots of things and then moving them to the recycle bin and now I cant access my downloads folder, it just says ; (screenshot) Screenshot - 7e2708c4a12ac1d35a226000a5e76e7d - Gyazo 6192