Windows 10: I think i did an oopsie

Discus and support I think i did an oopsie in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my pc, I got a new motherboard, a new psu,an ssd, heck i even threw in a 4gb ram stick. The thing is, when reinstalling windows, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StoicaFabian, Jan 22, 2020.

1. I think i did an oopsie

I recently upgraded my pc, I got a new motherboard, a new psu,an ssd, heck i even threw in a 4gb ram stick.

The thing is, when reinstalling windows, i saw that my computer's windows was not activatedkeep in mind, i had a digital licence from upgrading to win10 from win7,fiddling with the online settings i deleted the old machine and i think i deleted the key synced with that computer.Can i get the activation code back ?

:)

StoicaFabian, Jan 22, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think i did an oopsie [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I think i did an oopsie :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 22, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

I think i did an oopsie

Thinking of a AM3 setup

or you could get a good cooler like the xiggy Dk which is $25 AMIR now

cdawall, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

I think i did an oopsie

1. I think i did an oopsie - Similar Threads - did oopsie

2. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  3. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  4. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my audio device did not working after updated win11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio device did not working after updated win11.: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-did-not-working-after-updated/f0c7658c-fa6b-4e41-aaa7-6b7736a619d8
  6. my audio device did not working after updated win11.

my audio device did not working after updated win11.: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-did-not-working-after-updated/f0c7658c-fa6b-4e41-aaa7-6b7736a619d8
  7. I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open: I recently did the updates - 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 and 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 - and after that, I can't open any of my Microsoft...
  8. I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open

I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open: I recently did the updates - 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 and 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 - and after that, I can't open any of my Microsoft...
  9. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  10. I did an oopsie

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I did an oopsie: Hey I activated my Windows 10 with pirated license, but I deactivated it 10 minutes later, will my machine work perfectly in the future?(will I get all updates correctly, wont get lags etc.)...