Windows 10: I think i failed to upgrade my laptop Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

Discus and support I think i failed to upgrade my laptop Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys i am new here so i heard about the windows 10 update i was excited and i read about it all night and i finally decided to upgrade my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ismail3334, Jul 30, 2015.

1. I think i failed to upgrade my laptop Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

Hello guys i am new here so i heard about the windows 10 update i was excited and i read about it all night and i finally decided to upgrade my laptop i am using windows 7 ultimate pack 1 i installed the Media Creation tool and ran it and then i hesitated to check if my Games would work on windows 10 and closed the application during the downloading process and i ran it again and waited all day till it finally reached 100% i was so happy and then it said ' windows 10 start-up cant be started , please try rebooting your device and try again' so i restarted and it gave me the same error so i googled it and i had to delete a $windows -ms kinda file and it worked but.... it started downloading all over again can u tell me what i did wrong and how to fix it? Much Appreciated.

:)

ismail3334, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro / activation not working

I bought Asus K551LN laptop which had factory installed basic Windows 8.1 (not Pro).

I had previously bought retail Windows 7 Ultimate, which I used last time about 2 years ago in my desktop PC. That hdd crashed and I haven't used that Windows 7 Ultimate license since.

Here is the problem…

I wanted to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro for my laptop by using my Windows 7 Ultimate.

I deleted all the factory installed partitions on my laptop’s hdd and did clean install with Windows 7 Ultimate.

I successfully activated that windows 7 Ultimate and after that successfully upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro.

… but now Windows 10 Pro installed on my laptop says:

“This product key doesn’t work.”

"This product key has not been activated"

"Error code: 0xC004C003 Error description: The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked."

I think the problem is pre-installed Windows 8 OEM key embedded in the UEFI which overpowers the Windows 7 Ultimate license number?

Janne Moilanen, Jul 30, 2015
  3. upgrading to windows 10

I bought a laptop with windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed. After sometime I purchased a Windows 7 Ultimate Key, and I upgraded my system to the Windows 7 Ultimate. So I have both Windows 7 version Home Premium and Ultimate. When I upgrade the Windows
    7 Ultimate I received notification for upgrading to windows 10 pro so I installed the Windows 10 pro but I have encountered some driver related issue in Windows 10. Then I revert back to Windows 7. Before reverting I note down the Windows 10 Pro key. So my
    Question is that in future when Microsoft will closed the free upgradation and I want to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro that Windows 10 pro key which I saved will works or not?

NITIN KUMAR TRIPATHI, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

I think i failed to upgrade my laptop Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

1. I think i failed to upgrade my laptop Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - failed upgrade laptop

2. I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing: Error code: ox80072F8F-0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-ultimate-genuine/a1c25a4d-0e41-461d-8a54-80caf43e6073
  3. I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing: Error code: ox80072F8F-0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-ultimate-genuine/a1c25a4d-0e41-461d-8a54-80caf43e6073
  4. I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10: Hello i met a problem installing windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate and i can't find the answer. The error is "error installing windows 10", i am searching in google and i dont find what i need. I really need to keep personal files and apps...
  6. Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10: Hello i met a problem installing windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate and i can't find the answer. The error is "error installing windows 10", i am searching in google and i dont find what i need. I really need to keep personal files and apps...
  7. Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10: Hi, This is Rolf Schreiner at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, on December 14, 2020. I have a problem installing Wildows 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I worked about one week it, but now I need some help, please. I tried all the published fixes on the internet,...
  8. Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?: Just wondering if you can still use a Windows 7 KEY with a fresh install of windows 10? I have done this in 2016 and the upgrade worked fine right before the install of Windows 10 when it asked for a key. So just wondering if you an still use the Windows 7 key? And will have...
  9. can i upgrade my window 7 ultimate toshiba labtpo computer to window 10?

can i upgrade my window 7 ultimate toshiba labtpo computer to window 10?: can i upgrade my window 7 ultimate toshiba labtpo computer to window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-my-window-7-ultimate-toshiba-labtpo/a7ae54e6-8c8d-444e-9559-2593f2216890
  10. Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?: Because i've heard that if you have ultimate you will get pro edition. But it says I need sp1. So do I actually need sp1 or I can just upgrade from ultimate to pro? 61120