Windows 10: I Think I Got A Virus?

Discus and support I Think I Got A Virus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was scrolling through articles on the 'My Feed' tab and I saw an ad with a title that was interesting, and somehow caught my attention. I clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/v9lley, Mar 2, 2021.

1. /u/v9lley Win User

I Think I Got A Virus?

I was scrolling through articles on the 'My Feed' tab and I saw an ad with a title that was interesting, and somehow caught my attention. I clicked on it, and read only a page. When I clicked the arrow to get to the second page, a pop up ad showed up. I knew not to trust it and I quickly clicked off the tab. I was anxious, but Windows immediately did a scan and notified me that there were no threats or viruses. I was a bit relieved but I didn't completely trust it. Ever since, my computer has been running somewhat slowly. Whenever I go on a trusted website to read an article, sometimes the screen goes frozen for about 6 seconds and then goes back to normal. I once again did a scan and it said that there were no threats detected. Nothing has changed to my computer except for the screen freezing.

Is it possible I have gotten a virus though?

submitted by /u/v9lley
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/v9lley, Mar 2, 2021
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I Think I Got A Virus? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 2, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

I Think I Got A Virus?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I Think I Got A Virus? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

I Think I Got A Virus?

1. I Think I Got A Virus? - Similar Threads - Got Virus

2. Hello, I found a new virus that got around windows defender...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I found a new virus that got around windows defender...: Should I save my hard drive so that microsoft can view the virus?I reinstalled windows from my computer and it created 3 false users and is now running my computer at 100%...There's me: ChillaxThen there's: defaultuser0 defaultuser0:DESKTOP-AJ1HOKO...
  3. Hello, I found a new virus that got around windows defender...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I found a new virus that got around windows defender...: Should I save my hard drive so that microsoft can view the virus?I reinstalled windows from my computer and it created 3 false users and is now running my computer at 100%...There's me: ChillaxThen there's: defaultuser0 defaultuser0:DESKTOP-AJ1HOKO...
  4. Error:50, 2 got viruses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error:50, 2 got viruses: When writing command dism /image:C:\/cleanup-image / revertpendingactions i have error 2, 50. My pc got virus and it not factory resetting so i tried this command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error50-2-got-viruses/982690db-c72b-4084-bfd8-902ef8304467
  5. Error:50, 2 got viruses

Error:50, 2 got viruses: When writing command dism /image:C:\/cleanup-image / revertpendingactions i have error 2, 50. My pc got virus and it not factory resetting so i tried this command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error50-2-got-viruses/982690db-c72b-4084-bfd8-902ef8304467
  6. Error:50, 2 got viruses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Got a Virus in Windows 11 S Mode. Do I stay in Windows 11 s mode or leave S mode to use...

Got a Virus in Windows 11 S Mode. Do I stay in Windows 11 s mode or leave S mode to use...: My wife got a Virus in Win 11 S Mode The Virus is topcaptchatoday.ew.r.appspot.com and it was showing false McAfee Virus popup alerts even though I don't have McAfee. She got it by clicking on a link from a close relative on facebook. I found the topcaptchatoday virus Windows...
  8. Got a Virus in Windows 11 S Mode. Do I stay in Windows 11 s mode or leave S mode to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a Virus in Windows 11 S Mode. Do I stay in Windows 11 s mode or leave S mode to use...: My wife got a Virus in Win 11 S Mode The Virus is topcaptchatoday.ew.r.appspot.com and it was showing false McAfee Virus popup alerts even though I don't have McAfee. She got it by clicking on a link from a close relative on facebook. I found the topcaptchatoday virus Windows...
  9. My Laptop got infected by a virus and is stuck in a bsod loop now.

My Laptop got infected by a virus and is stuck in a bsod loop now.: So, the other day I was downloading a program, I was suspicious about it and still downloaded it. Everything was fine until i shut down my computer, that's so, because when I opened it the next morning i got a blue screen crash that had a stop code: Unmountable Boot Volume....
  10. My Laptop got infected by a virus and is stuck in a bsod loop now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop got infected by a virus and is stuck in a bsod loop now.: So, the other day I was downloading a program, I was suspicious about it and still downloaded it. Everything was fine until i shut down my computer, that's so, because when I opened it the next morning i got a blue screen crash that had a stop code: Unmountable Boot Volume....