Windows 10: I think I got hacked?

Discus and support I think I got hacked? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was stupid and installed this VPN because someone emailed me and claimed to want to pay me to review it. When I went to install the .exe file my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kongking1000, Jul 11, 2020.

1. I think I got hacked?

I was stupid and installed this VPN because someone emailed me and claimed to want to pay me to review it. When I went to install the .exe file my windows virus defender said it was a Trojan so I deleted it right away. Then a couple of days later I get an alert saying both Gmail accounts had a weird eastern Europe login and I was able to see it in the login history. Then I noticed TeamViewer was installed on my desktop even though I never installed it. My Microsoft word icon also changed. So I deleted team viewer and did a system restore prior to downloading the VPN. Then nothing happened for a while after changing passwords. Then many months later because I was getting the BSOD I did a system app reset that still let me keep the personal files but delete all apps. Do you think these steps got rid of the potential hacker or should I do a complete factory day 1 reset? I already reinstalled all of my apps so it might be a pain to do a complete format again but I'll do it incase they somehow has access and see what I'm doing. Thank you.

submitted by /u/kongking1000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kongking1000, Jul 11, 2020

2. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 11, 2020
  3. What PSU should i get?

I find NO specs on the psu you listed, not the one ktr listed, ktr also suggested i get the mushkin psu!

freaksavior, Jul 11, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

I think I got hacked?

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think I got hacked? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

I think I got hacked?

1. I think I got hacked? - Similar Threads - got hacked

2. I think i got hacked, and i cant login to my minecraft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i got hacked, and i cant login to my minecraft account: I think hackers hacked into my account, When i tried login into it it said Cand find the account, so i made this account with same gmail, what do i do to get it recovered, when i try to login to minecraft it says that my account's name is *** Email address is removed for...
  3. I think i got hacked, and i cant login to my minecraft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i got hacked, and i cant login to my minecraft account: I think hackers hacked into my account, When i tried login into it it said Cand find the account, so i made this account with same gmail, what do i do to get it recovered, when i try to login to minecraft it says that my account's name is *** Email address is removed for...
  4. My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help: It changed the email address to something ending in mcmfa on my desktop and it says my normal account cannot be accessed, that it doesn't exist. I tried going through the recovery forms but they don't recognize the account when i try to recover. My normal account address is...
  5. My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help

My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help: It changed the email address to something ending in mcmfa on my desktop and it says my normal account cannot be accessed, that it doesn't exist. I tried going through the recovery forms but they don't recognize the account when i try to recover. My normal account address is...
  6. Random blure circels on my screen after got hacked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Random blure circels on my screen after got hacked: Hello, my question is hard to explain it, but I will try my best, I got hacked 3 days ago from EXE excutable file, and the hacker got my facebook page, but I contact Meta pro team and I got my page back and my admin, I reset my windows to an old date before the EXE downloaded...
  7. Random blure circels on my screen after got hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random blure circels on my screen after got hacked: Hello, my question is hard to explain it, but I will try my best, I got hacked 3 days ago from EXE excutable file, and the hacker got my facebook page, but I contact Meta pro team and I got my page back and my admin, I reset my windows to an old date before the EXE downloaded...
  8. Random blure circels on my screen after got hacked

9. My account got hacked they changed my email and number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got hacked they changed my email and number: Hello My other account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** got hacked they changed my email, password, number etc...what do i need to do???...
  10. My account got hacked they changed my email and number

My account got hacked they changed my email and number: Hello My other account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** got hacked they changed my email, password, number etc...what do i need to do???...