Windows 10: I think I have a virus on my computer

Discus and support I think I have a virus on my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was on a website that was known for having pop ups, and a pop up came that my IP address was compromised. It looked real, but I don't know 8f it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdilKolah, Nov 28, 2020.

1. AdilKolah Win User

I think I have a virus on my computer

I was on a website that was known for having pop ups, and a pop up came that my IP address was compromised. It looked real, but I don't know 8f it was fake or not. I tried contacting microsoft support, but couldn't get through, so I'm posting it here. I was about to blow it off as a scam, but then my computer freezed, and microsoft edge didn't respond. Can someone please help me, now I'm scared and don't know what to do.I think I have a virus on my computer [​IMG]

:)

AdilKolah, Nov 28, 2020

2. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Nov 28, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think I have a virus on my computer [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. I think I have a virus on my computer

Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

I think I have a virus on my computer

1. I think I have a virus on my computer - Similar Threads - virus computer

2. How do I remove the BBWC virus on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the BBWC virus on my computer?: Hello! I'm using a Windows 11 Home. I currently have a virus on my computer, or some sort of thing installed that is affecting my search engine. I've done some research on this and I know I need to remove it. When I go to the control panel and try to uninstall it, it tells me...
  3. How do I remove the BBWC virus on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the BBWC virus on my computer?: Hello! I'm using a Windows 11 Home. I currently have a virus on my computer, or some sort of thing installed that is affecting my search engine. I've done some research on this and I know I need to remove it. When I go to the control panel and try to uninstall it, it tells me...
  4. I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus.: used translation because I don't know English, i hope I was able to explain.It all started 2-3 days ago when I was trying to download a game from the internet. Since Windows Security detected a virus, I immediately deleted the file I downloaded, and then my nightmare began....
  5. My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them: I have these files that download random files and also other viruses and they have already taken over my security and browsers because I originally already had a thread asking the same thing but it says that there was an error, and right now I’m posting this from a different...
  6. My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them: I have these files that download random files and also other viruses and they have already taken over my security and browsers because I originally already had a thread asking the same thing but it says that there was an error, and right now I’m posting this from a different...
  7. My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them

8. Microsoft Virus - modifying computer OS without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Virus - modifying computer OS without permission: Hello,I have this VIRUS on my system. it's called MICROSOFT WINDOWS.The other day, it removed the "define" feature from Microsoft Edge and replaced it with its stupid AI feature that I do not care about. Now, to look up words in the dictionary, I have to manually consult a...
  9. Microsoft Virus - modifying computer OS without permission

Microsoft Virus - modifying computer OS without permission: Hello,I have this VIRUS on my system. it's called MICROSOFT WINDOWS.The other day, it removed the "define" feature from Microsoft Edge and replaced it with its stupid AI feature that I do not care about. Now, to look up words in the dictionary, I have to manually consult a...
  10. How to know if your computer has a virus?

How to know if your computer has a virus?: Can someone check my computer if i have virus and how to know if your coputer has a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-your-computer-has-a-virus/186fe64c-96b3-4180-9761-5a18a0924fb1