Windows 10: I think I have a virus.

Discus and support I think I have a virus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I opened up chrome and for some reason I found that the mazy extension was added without my permission. I went to delete it but found it was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LucasUlbricht, Jun 16, 2020.

1. I think I have a virus.

Recently I opened up chrome and for some reason I found that the mazy extension was added without my permission. I went to delete it but found it was "blocked by administrator". This is my computer and I am the only user. Is this a virus and if so how do I fix it. I am very concerned about having my data leaked or my computer ruined. Could I just reinstall chrome or would I have to wipe my whole hard drive?

:)

LucasUlbricht, Jun 16, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think I have a virus. [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 16, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

I think I have a virus.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I think I have a virus. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

I think I have a virus.

1. I think I have a virus. - Similar Threads - virus

2. Virus total related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus total related: I want to know a thing that I scanned a file in virus total and 4 out of 72 it detect malicious is it a fake detection because McAfee or windows defender cannot detect anything....
  3. Virus total related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus total related: I want to know a thing that I scanned a file in virus total and 4 out of 72 it detect malicious is it a fake detection because McAfee or windows defender cannot detect anything....
  4. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier...
  5. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier...
  6. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  8. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  9. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  10. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...