Windows 10: I think I have been scammed

Discus and support I think I have been scammed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer came up with a message saying that it had been blocked because of a virus threat. I could not 'x' out of it or any of the programmes that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karen240320, Mar 24, 2020.

1. I think I have been scammed

My computer came up with a message saying that it had been blocked because of a virus threat. I could not 'x' out of it or any of the programmes that I had open so I called the number on the screen - an 0800 number so it looked ok.

I then stupidly gave them remote access to my computer. It wasn't until he asked for money that I got suspicious and I ended the call, ut in the meantime he has had access to my files.

I don't know what to do. Any help will be welcome.

:)

Karen240320, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User

I think I have been scammed

Smeed, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

I think I have been scammed

1. I think I have been scammed - Similar Threads - been scammed

2. Been scammed by phone number 8033-409-0200

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Been scammed by phone number 8033-409-0200: My neighbor got a call from the above number claiming to be from Microsoft and saying that there system was going to be shut down. He was told that Microsoft would fix the problem and to let a technician in. He did! Now, everytime the system starts, it runs for 5 minutes...
  3. Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service: I have been receiving calls from someone with a Indian accent, claiming I have a Microsoft service that I got when I purchased my computer. They are telling me that I need to login to my computer and they will help me cancel this service or I will be charged $399.00 on my...
  4. I have been scammed with steam and can't figure out what he is doing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have been scammed with steam and can't figure out what he is doing.: I have been scammed with steam and can't figure out what he is doing. I have read up on various Steam scams to understand and to establish the various types of scams and there is nothing on it. buy the Steam and scrape off the silver stuff to reveal the number and letters....
  5. I have been Infected with Support Scam

I have been Infected with Support Scam: I have a virus on my computer it only comes on when I try to read a story on a national web site. it comes on in red using up the hole monitor it says Microsoft teck support 1 800892 4357. I went on line it said it was a virus. can I get rid of it ? [Original...
  6. My other computer has been blocked with a contact number of 0800 051 3726. Is this a scam?

My other computer has been blocked with a contact number of 0800 051 3726. Is this a scam?: my other computer has been blocked with a contact number 0800 051 3726. is this a scam and if so how do I unblock my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-other-computer-has-been-blocked-with-a-contact/dca8c1a4-e97f-43e4-8397-40946a4442fd
  7. My other computer has been blocked with a contact number of 0800 051 3726. Is this a scam?

My other computer has been blocked with a contact number of 0800 051 3726. Is this a scam?: My other computer has been blocked with a contact number 0800 051 3726. Is this a scam number and if so what do I do to unblock my computer?...
  8. Have I been scammed?

Have I been scammed?: Have I been scammed? My computer was running very slow and I kept getting a pop up window saying it has 5 drivers outdated with a help number, The advisor was very helpful and said I could update the 5 drivers for $39.99. As we got into downloading the drivers, he often...
  9. Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?

Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?: I found the following number online, listed as Microsoft support : 0800 026 0330. I was ringing in regards to my office product key which I am unable to read. Anyway, it first sounded like genuine call centre ( phones ringing in the background, others talking) but then...
  10. Virus and Malware--- I've been Scammed

Virus and Malware--- I've been Scammed: I was recently given the number for myPhoneSupport.com thinking that it was a legitimate Microsoft help line. Unfortunately, I allowed them access to my computer and they added CyberLink YouCam and TrackOff Privacy Software and, of course, charged me $400.00. I have since...