Windows 10: I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!!

Discus and support I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I have been using Windows 10 for several years now both for working and gaming. I have recently decided to make an upgrade to Z790 and Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yannis Tzev, Nov 28, 2023.

1. I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!!

Hello!I have been using Windows 10 for several years now both for working and gaming. I have recently decided to make an upgrade to Z790 and Intel 13700 CPU. I thought I would just swap the drive to new motherboard and Windows would recognize the changes. I decided to also remove some drivers to create a "cleaner" windows drive.I removed the sound card drivers, GPU drivers and some Intel drivers and this is when all went wrong!! My Windows setup on old mobo & CPU presented some blue screens errors and I could not load into old PC. I thought lets put all together in the new mobo & CPU a

:)

Yannis Tzev, Nov 28, 2023

2. Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Macazine Win User

I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!!

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!!

1. I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!! - Similar Threads - destoryed boot drive

2. I think i have something for recovery that but i need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i have something for recovery that but i need help.: Cant acces to bitlocker recovery key from my phone but i have history from loging with my laptop to microsoft acc now i want to know can i with my phone connect my laptop to microsoft acc and then get key from that link i dont know any option can you gusy please tell me more...
  3. I think i have something for recovery that but i need help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i have something for recovery that but i need help.: Cant acces to bitlocker recovery key from my phone but i have history from loging with my laptop to microsoft acc now i want to know can i with my phone connect my laptop to microsoft acc and then get key from that link i dont know any option can you gusy please tell me more...
  4. I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!!: Hello!I have been using Windows 10 for several years now both for working and gaming. I have recently decided to make an upgrade to Z790 and Intel 13700 CPU. I thought I would just swap the drive to new motherboard and Windows would recognize the changes. I decided to also...
  5. I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think I have destoryed my Windows boot drive... need help to recover it!!: Hello!I have been using Windows 10 for several years now both for working and gaming. I have recently decided to make an upgrade to Z790 and Intel 13700 CPU. I thought I would just swap the drive to new motherboard and Windows would recognize the changes. I decided to also...
  6. My computer is infected I think I need help

My computer is infected I think I need help: Help I need it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-infected-i-think-i-need-help/4c04d06a-896a-47c2-ab6e-ef2d8b2e2496
  7. I really need help I think Iay have softlocked my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need help I think Iay have softlocked my pc: Hey my first time using these threads but let get straight to the point I installed windows 11 a long while back realized that windows 10 was better then decided to install windows 10 again it started working at first but I reset my pc and it entered what was is called the...
  8. I really need help I think Iay have softlocked my pc

I really need help I think Iay have softlocked my pc: Hey my first time using these threads but let get straight to the point I installed windows 11 a long while back realized that windows 10 was better then decided to install windows 10 again it started working at first but I reset my pc and it entered what was is called the...
  9. I really need help I think Iay have softlocked my pc

10. Think I finally have my boot drive squared away

Think I finally have my boot drive squared away: Went through this again: 1. Used Macrium to create a backup image of my Win 10 Pro X64 C: partition. 2. Clean installed Win 10 Pro X64 build 10586 ver 1511. 3. Restored backup image of my Win 10 Pro X64 C: partition. 4. Used Macrium's Restore task: Fix Windows boot...