Windows 10: I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game....

Discus and support I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not really sure what I need to do since the game crashes each time I open it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NealCaffery, May 26, 2021.

1. I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game....

I'm not really sure what I need to do since the game crashes each time I open it.

:)

NealCaffery, May 26, 2021

2. Accidentally deleted graphic drivers ?

I recently was going through my installed programs to delete some unwanted files. Being the idiot I am, I accidentally deleted the files for my graphic driver, NVIDIA. When I check my Device Manager, it says its there, but when I click on it, the device
    status just comes up as "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)"

I tried re-downloading the driver from the website, but an error message just alerts me that my laptop is not compatible. I will now add my computer is an Intel Core i5 processor, which was originally windows 7 before i downloaded windows 10. I have also
    tried to download the intel graphics driver, but to no avail. Any ideas what I should do?

eva-of-the-opera, May 26, 2021
  3. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 26, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game....

Accidentally removed/deleted drivers

Why not just download the driver from geforce.com and reinstall?

I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game.... [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, May 26, 2021
Thema:

I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game....

1. I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game.... - Similar Threads - may accidentally deleted

2. i think i deleted my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i deleted my graphics driver: when i go into device maneger it dose not say that my nvidia graphics card is there. nither when i open the nvidia control pannel. i am running windows 11 on a laptop as well and this happend when i was trying to get a game onto vr but i faild and now its says i dont have a...
  3. i think i deleted my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think i deleted my graphics driver: when i go into device maneger it dose not say that my nvidia graphics card is there. nither when i open the nvidia control pannel. i am running windows 11 on a laptop as well and this happend when i was trying to get a game onto vr but i faild and now its says i dont have a...
  4. I accidentally deleted my graphics driver/card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my graphics driver/card: So this happened today when my pc ran into an error so i used a restore point i had which put me to the latest intel driver i was using a older version before which is prolly the reason of the error so i tried uninstalling the driver and when i tried installing the old one it...
  5. I accidentally deleted my graphics driver/card

I accidentally deleted my graphics driver/card: So this happened today when my pc ran into an error so i used a restore point i had which put me to the latest intel driver i was using a older version before which is prolly the reason of the error so i tried uninstalling the driver and when i tried installing the old one it...
  6. I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE: I am worried if the REMPL file is necessary for windows 10 to operate to its fullest capability, or will it affect my future updates. If so, where can I redownload it or will an update fix it and reapply the file itself?...
  7. I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE: I am worried if the REMPL file is necessary for windows 10 to operate to its fullest capability, or will it affect my future updates. If so, where can I redownload it or will an update fix it and reapply the file itself?...
  8. I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE

9. I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help: I was trying to fix Windows 10 boot up system on my desktop computer, and I believe I may have deleted bcd Bootrec. And I am not sure what to do. For some context (I'm not very tech savvy at all), my screen started to glitch and then freeze once I was at the windows login...
  10. Help, I accidentally deleted my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help, I accidentally deleted my graphics driver: I was trying to update it, but then it got a weird error so I reset it, but i deleted it by accident. Are there any ways I can get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-i-accidentally-deleted-my-graphics-driver/cf9a004a-da76-4dab-96c8-a4c0c4a7cf13