Windows 10: I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help

Discus and support I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to fix Windows 10 boot up system on my desktop computer, and I believe I may have deleted bcd Bootrec. And I am not sure what to do. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rongsix, Nov 30, 2020.

1. I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help

I was trying to fix Windows 10 boot up system on my desktop computer, and I believe I may have deleted bcd Bootrec. And I am not sure what to do.

For some context (I'm not very tech savvy at all), my screen started to glitch and then freeze once I was at the windows login page. This happened after I updated Windows 10 and added a new user. I searched stuff up to see what was wrong, and some article led me to repairing the "bcd Bootrec" (I'm not sure what to call it). I deleted it thinking that I could restore it and have Windows 10 functioning again, but it did not work.

Now whenever I start my computer, it leads me to an endless loop of automatic repair. I'm also a little worried that I may have lost my files on my hard drive.

I am at a complete lost. Any amount of help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/rongsix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rongsix, Nov 30, 2020

2. Error code 0xc000000f, BCD corrupted

Hi Andre,

As per the description, I suggest that you follow the steps below to fix BCD

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Here type/paste the commands listed below

Bootrec /fixMBR

Bootrec /fixBoot

Bootrec /RebuildBcd

3. Once done restart the PC and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 30, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    BCD / boot.ini Deleted HELP

Boot.ini is used in Windows XP and earlier Version of Windows. However, when you install Windows 10 you had the external HD connected and was marked as active so Windows 10 installation modified this file and re-direct to the Boot Manager.
    More info on this: Where is the boot ini file? Heres how to find the boot ini in Windows 8

You can try the steps below to see if you can repair the Boot Manager:
    1. Download Macrium Rescue disk: MacriumRescue7170X86.iso - Google Drive
    2. Put it in a USB stick using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    3. Disconnect your external HD where you had the Boot.ini deleted.
    4. Change the BIOS setting to boot from the USB
    5. Click where I have the arrow pointed at.

I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help [​IMG]

If the steps above does not work and since you cannot boot into Windows to restore from RECYCLE.BIN and I am not sure that you can restore them by connecting the external drive to another PC since these deleted files are under some SID for each user. So yes, you can use Linux to explore it and copy all the files that you've deleted to another drive/USB and rename them accordingly and put them back where they were.

The worst case is you have to re-install Windows but:
    1. Make sure the drive that you intend to use for Windows OS is connected to the first port on your MB
    2. Make sure that the first boot device is first on the list of boot priority
    3. Disconnect all other drives (Internal/USB)

Hope this helps and good luck.

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2020
  4. badrobot Win User

I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help

BCD / boot.ini Deleted HELP

That should work. That's the exact same procedure I do whenever I have boot issues on any windows OS. I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help :)

Edit: I was told to spread rep around.. I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help :)

badrobot, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help

1. I think I may have deleted bcd Bootrec... Help - Similar Threads - may deleted bcd

2. I think I may have deleted something important off my Windows 11 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I may have deleted something important off my Windows 11 PC.: So I remember going into the control panel and deleting things to clear some space, and I don't know the name of it but, I deleted something that I've never seen before because I thought it was not important. But my computer runs fine, it's just every single time I boot up my...
  3. Hi microsoft I think I may have downloaded a virus,because I deleted it in any way I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi microsoft I think I may have downloaded a virus,because I deleted it in any way I...: I'm sorry it is rather difficult to send a screenshot of this ,but the apps is called roblox mod shaders loader and it wont show up when I try to delete it in programs and feature and the file location has been deleted but It still opens on start,Like a zombie almost and I...
  4. Hi microsoft I think I may have downloaded a virus,because I deleted it in any way I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi microsoft I think I may have downloaded a virus,because I deleted it in any way I...: I'm sorry it is rather difficult to send a screenshot of this ,but the apps is called roblox mod shaders loader and it wont show up when I try to delete it in programs and feature and the file location has been deleted but It still opens on start,Like a zombie almost and I...
  5. Hello, im on autoruns and I think I may have deleted key processes for the windows system?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello, im on autoruns and I think I may have deleted key processes for the windows system?...: Here is a picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-im-on-autoruns-and-i-think-i-may-have/bd99fe36-f844-44e0-98e1-505f16b65dd5
  6. I think I may have found the answer, but just in case...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I may have found the answer, but just in case...: Does anyone know how to make the search bar in the taskbar open up chrome instead of edge? I think I found the answer, but if there's an easier way to do it rather than replacing the msedge files in the app folder with a copy of chrome, and renaming everything to msedge...
  7. I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game....: I'm not really sure what I need to do since the game crashes each time I open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-may-have-accidentally-deleted-a-graphics/794547a9-1972-4c44-8d24-3b1a3d8cd5a3
  8. I think i have malware help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think i have malware help: I added extension to google chrome i it wirked fine for weeks after a while it detect a malware i deleted the extension but when i run my pc it take 100 cpu and there is no app is running is this a virus...
  9. Need help! Think I may have been hacked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help! Think I may have been hacked.: I opened up my computer today for the first time in 4 days to see my background has changed to a troll face. This troll face image has ever been downloaded on my pc either....
  10. BCD / boot.ini Deleted HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD / boot.ini Deleted HELP: When I bumped up to build 10074 I had some issues (clean install) that ended up with me aborting and starting over. The second attempt worked fine except for one strange anomaly in which I ended up in a dual boot situation (both OS choices were Win10.10074 but the second...