Windows 10: I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

Discus and support I think i merge my download folder with local disk D, in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to change location for my download folder but something go wrong and the folders got merged, is there any way to undo this?I want to reverse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Iliya Minchev, Jan 24, 2023.

1. I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

I tried to change location for my download folder but something go wrong and the folders got merged, is there any way to undo this?I want to reverse this, to make download folder to go again to local disk C When i try to change location from properties its shows me up there is a error

:)

Iliya Minchev, Jan 24, 2023

2. I merged downloads folder with (EI think i merge my download folder with local disk D, :) Local Disk and can't undo my action

I merged downloads folder with (EI think i merge my download folder with local disk D, :) Local Disk and can't undo my action. Also my user folder disappeared and can't find it. I google it but couldn't find any solution. Should I reinstall windows for this ridiculous reason? Why Microsoft doesn't fix that
    problem???

FaxriNazarli, Jan 24, 2023
  3. mattyb_98 Win User
    Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Jan 24, 2023
  4. I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

Download folder is the same as Disk D

Hello, i don't know what happened but why is my download folder connected to disk D, i just want download folder to be inside disk D and not in C, i don't want download folder to be the disk D

LuisLucas2, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

1. I think i merge my download folder with local disk D, - Similar Threads - merge download folder

2. I can't download anything on Local Disk D.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything on Local Disk D.: In the recent week, I tried multiple times to download games from Epic Games, Steam, Battlenet & EA Sports but they all show different kinds of problems/errors when I try to download them on Local disk D. I tried the solutions given by both Steam and Epic Games multiple times...
  3. I can't download anything on Local Disk D.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download anything on Local Disk D.: In the recent week, I tried multiple times to download games from Epic Games, Steam, Battlenet & EA Sports but they all show different kinds of problems/errors when I try to download them on Local disk D. I tried the solutions given by both Steam and Epic Games multiple times...
  4. I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,: I tried to change location for my download folder but something go wrong and the folders got merged, is there any way to undo this?I want to reverse this, to make download folder to go again to local disk C When i try to change location from properties its shows me up there...
  5. I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,: I tried to change location for my download folder but something go wrong and the folders got merged, is there any way to undo this?I want to reverse this, to make download folder to go again to local disk C When i try to change location from properties its shows me up there...
  6. Merging Local Disk C and D.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging Local Disk C and D.: Dear Whoever is reading this, I Bought a WD Blue 500GB hard drive. I have two local disks, C and D. Whenever I download something it instantly downloads to C, which is the one with less storage. IF by any chance anyone knows how to merge both of the disks that would be...
  7. I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive: Whenever I go to open my hard drive it recognizes it as the downloads folder. I was just trying to change the location of where my downloads went but they merged into one big folder and I can't figure out how to fix this issue...
  8. I merged downloads folder with E: Local Disk and can't undo my action

I merged downloads folder with E: Local Disk and can't undo my action: I merged downloads folder with E: Local Disk and can't undo my action. Also my user folder disappeared and can't find it. I google it but couldn't find any solution. Should I reinstall windows for this ridiculous reason? Why Microsoft doesn't fix that problem???...
  9. For mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore

For mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore: I have two disk, one ssd and other (D:)DATA, because I wanted to save space in C disk, I wanted to change the location of the download folder, that was originally in C, when I changed the location, for a mistake a reassign D to be downloads folder. How can I restore this? I...
  10. Merged Downloads and D:

Merged Downloads and D:: I was trying to move my downloads, documents, photos, etc. from the D: drive to the C: drive and all of them worked except the downloads, which is now merged with the D: drive I think. I included pictures I think will be helpful based on other articles that I read....