Windows 10: I think I need a new stick of RAM?

Discus and support I think I need a new stick of RAM? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/apupunchau87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jln0fb/i_think_i_need_a_new_stick_of_ram/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/apupunchau87, Oct 31, 2020.

1. I think I need a new stick of RAM?

/u/apupunchau87, Oct 31, 2020

2. RAM Sticks Question

Where are you looking for RAM? Amazon? New Egg?

You should try to buy RAM specifically mentioned at the Asus website support area for your specific motherboard model. Look for something like "qualified vendor list" or words to that effect. Other stuff may work, but try to stay with that list if you can.

I'm not aware of distinctions such as "AMD RAM" versus "Intel RAM".

ignatzatsonic, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Amc101803 Win User
    Can 2 diffrent ram sticks slow down my fps/make game lag?

Okay so i have 2 diffrent sticks of ram , on is a 4gb stick
    1st stick of ram Team Elite Plus 4GB (black)
    • DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    • Timing 11-11-11-28
    • Cas Latency 11
    • Voltage 1.5V
    • =========================================================
    • This is the Other stick of ram
    • DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
    • Timing 9-9-9-24
    • Cas Latency 9
    • Voltage 1.5V
    • Do you think why this could be exactly why my fps is dropping in games? gpu is not high temp neither is cpu cpu never goes over 98% gpu when playing overwatch never goes over 60% Usage i have just ordered Dual Channel Kit HyperxFury 16gb 1600 MHZ ram. I was wondering if you guys think this could be exactly why i was having fps drops. I also had a BSOD PageFile error just a few days ago.....
    (Not with my new ram) My spec's are:
    • Processor: I5 4690K
    • GPU : GTX 950 Super Clocked
    • PSU : corsair GS600W
    • ram (about too be hyperxfury 16gb) right now it is just 8 gb right now.
    • I said my ram spec's for both sticks at the very top of the page

Amc101803, Oct 31, 2020
  4. VRatta Win User

I think I need a new stick of RAM?

Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up.

Hi, I have recently bough a new RAM to upgrade my laptop,

the Laptop default spec:

• Window 10 64bit
    • 4gb Nvidia gtx1650
    • 8gb ddr4 ram
    The issue is that I bought a new Crucial 8gb DDR4 RAM stick (same speed as a default RAM stick) in hope to upgrade my laptop to 16gb RAM, however, after installed, I check the system information and its still only showed 8gb of Physical RAM, the task manager
    also only showed 8gb, however the Virtual memory showed 15.9gb. So I am not sure if its suppose to be like this since I spent money to upgrade physical RAM.

Thanks

VRatta, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

I think I need a new stick of RAM?

1. I think I need a new stick of RAM? - Similar Threads - need stick RAM

2. The problem with the ram stick solve i think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problem with the ram stick solve i think: The spark go away but I think it were from the video output to cable now I try the same and both the sticks of ram and I see it won't give any address errors it should be fine to let them stay inside them both of them when I'm running windows because the last day was I had to...
  3. The problem with the ram stick solve i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem with the ram stick solve i think: The spark go away but I think it were from the video output to cable now I try the same and both the sticks of ram and I see it won't give any address errors it should be fine to let them stay inside them both of them when I'm running windows because the last day was I had to...
  4. do I need new RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do I need new RAM?: ive been having problems with my computer for the past week i keep getting blue screens with the stop codes,Memory_Management Reference_By_PointerSytem_Service_ExceptionKernal Data Inpage Errormainly Memory_Mangement, it crashes when I have opened up a chrome page and it has...
  5. do I need new RAM?

do I need new RAM?: ive been having problems with my computer for the past week i keep getting blue screens with the stop codes,Memory_Management Reference_By_PointerSytem_Service_ExceptionKernal Data Inpage Errormainly Memory_Mangement, it crashes when I have opened up a chrome page and it has...
  6. do I need new RAM?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I need a replace. I Think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a replace. I Think: Last week, I was editing my Roblox game.But while editing it shutdown itself without warning and I tried to boot on but somehow it in an update.Also, once thing I noticed that I was charging my battery at 50% and shutdown and turned on with 15%.I test my battery and the...
  8. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  9. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  10. Ram Stick