Windows 10: I think I'm being hacked!

Discus and support I think I'm being hacked! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I feel my hp windows 10 is threatened by a hacker... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Herbert J.Weber III, Aug 21, 2019.

1. I think I'm being hacked!

I feel my hp windows 10 is threatened by a hacker

:)

Herbert J.Weber III, Aug 21, 2019
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think I'm being hacked! [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. sookie(2) Win User
    Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ??

Received "you've probably been hacked" warning [ostensibly] from M$

After numerous repeats of warning & after receiving/applying "security code" - I reset my Password

Attempted to review Recent Activity & find I am now
    Locked Out - neither new nor old Password works & "security code" received FAILS!?!

Thus I'm reminded (repeatedly) of M$ overarching philosophy: "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Now, to waste another hour+ of my life accessing/updating all the text files, devices, password managers and cloud files where I had painstakingly noted [now defunct] M$ Password!

Presumably next is dance class, to learn the "authentication two-step" ...... ARGGGGGH!

------------------------ Update -----------------------

Yup, apparently I have been hacked by M$ ....

Changed Password, per M$ "security alert", and now am receiving this ever-so-helpful email "Out-of-Date Account Notification:

"The most common cause of an out-of-date account is an incorrect password. Select Fix account in
    the notification bar at the top of the Mail or Calendar app. If your password is incorrect, you'll see a message asking you to update your password ..."

Again ... "No good deed goes unpunished!"

sookie(2), Aug 21, 2019
  4. I think I'm being hacked!

Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

I think I'm being hacked!

1. I think I'm being hacked! - Similar Threads - I'm being hacked

2. I think im being hacked what should i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think im being hacked what should i do: Hi the thing is while i was playing a game i saw my desktop background changed it wasnt on slideshow and sync is off i thought i might have done it accidently so i changed it back tomorrow i changed again and this time it was a picture that i didn't had on my pc i checked the...
  3. I think im being hacked what should i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think im being hacked what should i do: Hi the thing is while i was playing a game i saw my desktop background changed it wasnt on slideshow and sync is off i thought i might have done it accidently so i changed it back tomorrow i changed again and this time it was a picture that i didn't had on my pc i checked the...
  4. I think im being hacked what should i do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I think I'm being hacked.

I think I'm being hacked.: Every time I startup my laptop a cmd pops up and does something then closes and when I check my logs a find this. I found another question on here just like it and they didn't give a perfect awnser all they said was somebody might be trying to hack into it and im lazy so...
  6. I'm being hacked. r

I'm being hacked. r: My documents and photos cannot be downloaded. I've been hacked for a year now, please sort this out. Don't tell me to change my password, the pig is already in. How can I put the One Drive right? Why do pc's have a spot for 'USERS' that nobody ever checks (7 engineers)....
  7. I'm being hacked. r

I'm being hacked. r: My documents and photos cannot be downloaded. I've been hacked for a year now, please sort this out. Don't tell me to change my password, the pig is already in. How can I put the One Drive right? Why do pc's have a spot for 'USERS' that nobody ever checks (7 engineers)....
  8. i think i'm being hacned!

i think i'm being hacned!: I feel my hp windows 10 is threatened by a hacker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-think-im-being-hacned/5198c22d-9665-48ce-a103-bd058f8c6e8f
  9. I'm hacked I think

I'm hacked I think: Next to the time in my taskbar is the word hacked. I am a novice and don't know where to start to find out how this got there. It was appearing every now and then , but is now there all the time. I'm assuming I should be concerned about this. I ran SuperAntispyware and found...
  10. How do I know if i'm being hacked?

How do I know if i'm being hacked?: how do I know if i'm being hacked ? what exactly helps to notice that my windows is hacked ? [Original Title: security]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where do I look for devices if I am being hacked