Windows 10: I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware

Discus and support I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, so when I open task manager everything freezes for 1 second and CPU usage is at 100% then everything goes back to normal, I think my pc has a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nelkaapekaa, Jun 28, 2020.

1. I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware

Hello, so when I open task manager everything freezes for 1 second and CPU usage is at 100% then everything goes back to normal, I think my pc has a bitcoin miner, what to do ? I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware 970198c3-46db-47f0-9208-83a7d3e8c162?upload=true.png , this is from AVG internet security antivirus quarantine selection, I deleted it from there its deleted from everywhere, still same CPU issue..

:)

nelkaapekaa, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Rik92 Win User

Crypto jacking and data mining

I recently read an article about data mining. I use Avast internet security s/w so I asked them if their software protects against crypto jacking. They said it does detect and block data miners. But it does not work with IE and Edge because they do not support
    add-ons from Avast or other. How can I protect myself from crypto jacking or data mining when using IE or Edge?

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge

Rik92, Jun 28, 2020
  3. How crypto ransomware spreads... is it decryptable...should I pay the ransom

Crypto malware typically will scan and encrypt whatever data files it finds on computers connected in the same network with a drive letter including removable drives, network shares, and even DropBox mappings...if there is a drive letter on your
    computer it will be scanned for data files and encrypt them
    . Some crypto malware will scan all of the drive letters that match certain file extensions and when it finds a match, it encrypts them. Other crypto malware utilize a white list and will
    encrypt all files unless it has certain excluded extensions or is located at a certain area on the system.

quietman7 - MVP, Jun 28, 2020
  4. lZKoce Win User

I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware

US and UK Government Websites Infected with Crypto-mining Malware

While in US and UK managed to detect that on their government websites, I just wonder how much time it would take for our guys locally to discover this. I am starting to get really annoyed by this practice. Not so much about my home network as I have taken steps, but this will affect a lot of people now. As I have said before, blockchain technology is revolutionzing the financial services and that is nice I think, but crypto-mining as one of its children is total bullcrap -> not a service and not a physical product.

lZKoce, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware

1. I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware - Similar Threads - computer has Crypto

2. Am I mining crypto ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I mining crypto ?: Hello, i have a weird thing on my PC, my GPU used to have very low clock % before, but now it never go bellow 1830 MHz.I can do everything to lower it, it keeps it clock at this level.I dont know when and why it behaves like that. So if someone can help me figuring out what...
  3. Am I mining crypto ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I mining crypto ?: Hello, i have a weird thing on my PC, my GPU used to have very low clock % before, but now it never go bellow 1830 MHz.I can do everything to lower it, it keeps it clock at this level.I dont know when and why it behaves like that. So if someone can help me figuring out what...
  4. i think my device has a malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think my device has a malware: my device is acting a bit weird. can anyone reply and ill reply with the farbar recovery scan tool result? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-my-device-has-a-malware/c778d011-9b04-4598-ae6f-50acd688fc72
  5. i think my device has a malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think my device has a malware: my device is acting a bit weird. can anyone reply and ill reply with the farbar recovery scan tool result? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-my-device-has-a-malware/c778d011-9b04-4598-ae6f-50acd688fc72
  6. i think my device has a malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Salad Crypto Mining Software

Salad Crypto Mining Software: Hello, I have been thinking of starting to mine crypto with the free application salad. However, I have been doing research, and some people say that is is malware that will harm my PC. Yes, it does have a verified publisher, but that doesn't sell me. I would like a...
  8. How Do I Detect Crypto Mining?

How Do I Detect Crypto Mining?: Could anyone tell me how I can detect a crypto-miner on my machines? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-detect-crypto-mining/ec413a26-d2b3-4741-b35c-f2997939d4a2
  9. crypto mining

crypto mining: please help me a crypto mining virus is in my system it has disabled my inbuilt windows defender it's completely gone I don't know it happened and from where it came into my system even I have all bought genuine software non of that software have been downloaded cracked all...
  10. my pc is infected with unremovable crypto mining malware

my pc is infected with unremovable crypto mining malware: there is a process that has no name with a settings symbol, and when i click on open file location it brings me to svchost in system32, i cant end the task or the pc will bsod, malwarebytes shows nothing, windows defender shows nothing, and it uses about 50% of my cpu and 80...