Windows 10: I think my 'D' drive might be broken.

Discus and support I think my 'D' drive might be broken. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had my computer for almost a year now and I've encountered multiple problems with my 'D' drive. Any game I put on it seems to not function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeafyIdentify, Dec 28, 2020.

1. I think my 'D' drive might be broken.

I've had my computer for almost a year now and I've encountered multiple problems with my 'D' drive. Any game I put on it seems to not function properly.

For example; I downloaded Fortnite on to it since my 'C' drive was too full to put anything on it, however, when I did so, multiple errors occurred meaning I am unable to play it. Another example is when I downloaded Steam and put my Steam games in 'D' drive. They wouldn't function properly and even when I tried downloading the Steam games they would continuously have errors while downloading.

I have 1.7 terabytes left in it and I don't have a lot of space on my 'C' drive, which is why I'm downloading everything onto 'D' drive in the first place.

Also, I have already done a ton of chkdsk and virus scanning using Kaspersky Internet Security and although they work, after a few days an error occurs and I have to scan the drive again and sometimes it says the drive has no problems when it clearly does.

:)

LeafyIdentify, Dec 28, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 28, 2020
  3. low disk space warning on d drive

Thank you for the response. I think you are right, I'm not sure I ever saw a D drive listed before. I tried what you advised but I don't have the option to select volume D. I hit remove=d but it says arguments invalid. Am I doing something wrong, any
    other suggestions. Thanks

CliffordBrass, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

I think my 'D' drive might be broken.

Duplicate D:\ drive

I never had to deal with junctions so I haven't a clue what to suggest. I'm thinking that the problem is on the D: drive. If it is than I don't see why saving the files and formatting the D: drive wouldn't work. If It's something on the C: drive causing this than I have no Idea what to try.

Winuser, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

I think my 'D' drive might be broken.

1. I think my 'D' drive might be broken. - Similar Threads - 'D' drive might

2. I think I might have deleted my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I might have deleted my hard drive: I think I might have deleted my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-might-have-deleted-my-hard-drive/74ad8ea9-cf02-4f1a-a2a6-e7ea9ea77c63
  3. I think I might have deleted my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I might have deleted my hard drive: I think I might have deleted my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-might-have-deleted-my-hard-drive/74ad8ea9-cf02-4f1a-a2a6-e7ea9ea77c63
  4. I think I might have deleted my hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My cmd is broken i think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cmd is broken i think: C:\Windows\system32>Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentcleanup Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19045.3393 And it is just there, nothing....
  6. D drive is broken?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive is broken?: Randomly my D drive changed the icon to a drive and a question mark beside it, and now I can't open the drive. Any fixes? Also my drive name might have changed to D:/, though I am not sure [ATTACH]...
  7. I think my battery is broken.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think my battery is broken.: My battery icon does its charging animation for a bit and then stops after a couple seconds of it and my battery hasn't been able to reach 100% all week. It just says my battery percentage and plugged in and i'm not sure about this but i feel like its missing the ", charging"...
  8. I think my laptop might be virused

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think my laptop might be virused: Hey guys..first time poster here...so..out of nowhere a loading screen from windows appears like the restart one,but instead of restart it says locking. So i was just playing mc on my potato laptop in 5 fps and then i said nah it s not running right and i tried to exit but it...
  9. Corrupted and broken D: Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted and broken D: Drive: My D: drive has been wiped and corrupted for what seems no reason. Its not listed on disk management and its symbol is a question mark. I dont need my data back, i just want to use it again...
  10. I think my laptop is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think my laptop is broken.: Hello, My Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop is stuck in a boot loop. I cannot access the login screen. I have tried to do a hard reset but it just goes back to the 'Recovering your previous version of windows' loop. I encountered this when I had an update, the...