Windows 10: I think my friend bricked her laptop. What to do?

Discus and support I think my friend bricked her laptop. What to do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, she just contacted me and asked for help. According to her words, something popped up and told her not to turn off her laptop. (I assume this was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RavenmannFirst, May 15, 2020.

1. I think my friend bricked her laptop. What to do?

So, she just contacted me and asked for help. According to her words, something popped up and told her not to turn off her laptop. (I assume this was an update). She waited for five minutes and shut it down without it finishing updating. ( I know. -.-)

Now, when she turns you have a bluescreen with some options, like troubleshooting and reseting the laptop. All variations have been tried but it just says that it's not possible. What do to in this situation?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/RavenmannFirst
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RavenmannFirst, May 15, 2020

2. Giving laptop to a friend

Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions.
    Trust is a non issue as there is nothing on this laptop that is not public information anyway.
    I will add friend as a new user and make him admin.
    Sign myself out and log back in with his credentials.

Again, thanks.

snifferpro, May 15, 2020
  3. Reventon Win User
    Looking for Laptop for Friend

My friend wants a good laptop for just basic things like music and internet and a little gaming.

I'm looking on Newegg and have found a few that seem pretty good. Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably below $600.

Reventon, May 15, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

I think my friend bricked her laptop. What to do?

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

Thema:

I think my friend bricked her laptop. What to do?

1. I think my friend bricked her laptop. What to do? - Similar Threads - friend bricked laptop

2. I think my friend got hacked!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I think my friend got hacked!: So basically, my friend got a new mini Windows laptop with eye recognition. Now, when he scans his eyes, it just says, "Your password has been changed on a different device." He doesn't know what device it refers to and he doesn't want to factory reset his laptop. If there's...
  3. i think my old nokia phone bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think my old nokia phone bricked: hello there so i have this phone with windows phone i'm not sure if it's windows phone 8 or 8.1 but when it was turning on it was lagged on nokia logo and it just stayed there for 10 minutes so i pressed power button and volume + screen just went blank and it does not want to...
  4. i think my old nokia phone bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think my old nokia phone bricked: hello there so i have this phone with windows phone i'm not sure if it's windows phone 8 or 8.1 but when it was turning on it was lagged on nokia logo and it just stayed there for 10 minutes so i pressed power button and volume + screen just went blank and it does not want to...
  5. i think i bricked my pc with an obscure occurrence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i bricked my pc with an obscure occurrence: I've always been interested in old software. I have an HP Pavilion pc that came preloaded with Windows 11. I downgraded to Windows 10 by downloading the installation ISO from Microsoft, then updated back up to Windows 11. Then I downloaded the Windows 8.1 installation ISO...
  6. What do you think is wrong with my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do you think is wrong with my Laptop: So it all starts about 2 months ago. Bought my self a used Clevo W170HN with Windows 10 Pro 19044 not Activated.Here are the specs : Intel i5 2540M 8GB ram 1600mhz ddr3 1TB HDD TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 Nvidia GT 540M 1GB vramHere are some of the issues: 1.On the Display you can see...
  7. What do you think is wrong with my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you think is wrong with my Laptop: So it all starts about 2 months ago. Bought my self a used Clevo W170HN with Windows 10 Pro 19044 not Activated.Here are the specs : Intel i5 2540M 8GB ram 1600mhz ddr3 1TB HDD TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 Nvidia GT 540M 1GB vramHere are some of the issues: 1.On the Display you can see...
  8. What do you think is wrong with my Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I Think I Bricked My Laptop, It Won't Boot Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    I Think I Bricked My Laptop, It Won't Boot Windows: My laptop has been like this for months. It's a Toshiba Satellite C850 running Windows 10 and it won't boot Windows. It has been in this state for months. Windows 8 was pre-installed on it so I have no installation disc and it runs Windows 10. I've downloaded Windows 10 and...
  10. How do I see what my friend was up to on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I see what my friend was up to on my laptop?: I let my friend use my laptop today (windows 10) for about half an hour while I was out. Later when he had gone home, I went on to "recent files" in file explorer to continue writing a document I had been working on earlier. However, I discovered that there were no files...