Windows 10: I think my laptop got hacked

Discus and support I think my laptop got hacked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last Saturday my laptop was making noise when I opened it to get on. It said I had been hacked and to call a number, which I did. The lady sounded... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeesDelites, Feb 2, 2019.

1. I think my laptop got hacked

Last Saturday my laptop was making noise when I opened it to get on. It said I had been hacked and to call a number, which I did. The lady sounded like she was from India. She showed me where my laptop had been hacked since 2010. She moved so fast. I ended up paying for her to clean up my computer, (I should of known better). I could see that she copied my whole hard drive which now scares me. They have all my information. I tried to send Microsoft an email with my phone because my phone has a video of what I saw when I tried to log on. I haven't heard from Microsoft yet as I sent it just this morning. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

:)

DeesDelites, Feb 2, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 2, 2019
  3. R.Mike Win User
    Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Feb 2, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

I think my laptop got hacked

In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked

I agree with Tairiku. It's a full screen browser window hijack/malware
    If you really did reinstall Windows, did you delete all partitions first? Where did you get your install media from?
    I would suggest a clean install, deleting all partitions and installing to a completely unallocated drive.
    Clean Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

I think my laptop got hacked [​IMG]

I think my laptop got hacked [​IMG]

simrick, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

I think my laptop got hacked

1. I think my laptop got hacked - Similar Threads - laptop got hacked

2. Urgent help please. Got hacked I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent help please. Got hacked I think: I called google searched Microsoft authenticator app and stupidly clicked the first number. They eventually had me search some thing that allowed them to remote control the device. As soon as i realized what happened, I removed their permissions and deleted what they had me...
  3. I think I got hacked or something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I got hacked or something.: It won't let me into my microsoft/xbox account OwnAliyah2424 and I believe it says it is under a different username my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but also it says there is another email named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but I have...
  4. I think I got hacked or something.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I got hacked or something.: It won't let me into my microsoft/xbox account OwnAliyah2424 and I believe it says it is under a different username my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but also it says there is another email named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but I have...
  5. I think my pc got hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my pc got hacked: So it started a while ago, I suddlently couldn’t do anything with the Windows security, the window was completely pitch black and showed nothing. I thought nothing out of it. Then after a while I forgot my PIN code. So i had an extra account that was admin and I moved all my...
  6. I think my pc got hacked

I think my pc got hacked: So it started a while ago, I suddlently couldn’t do anything with the Windows security, the window was completely pitch black and showed nothing. I thought nothing out of it. Then after a while I forgot my PIN code. So i had an extra account that was admin and I moved all my...
  7. I think i got hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i got hacked: Hi, some time ago i think someone hacked my Microsoft account, and transfer it to another account, i wanted to take it back because i spent money on that and i couldn't take it back, can someone help me? I tried every methods but still couldn't take it back...
  8. I think i got hacked

I think i got hacked: Hi, some time ago i think someone hacked my Microsoft account, and transfer it to another account, i wanted to take it back because i spent money on that and i couldn't take it back, can someone help me? I tried every methods but still couldn't take it back...
  9. i think i got hack by opening a website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i think i got hack by opening a website: i have micro soft security browser protection extension on google chrome but when i go to a website that play the piano auto for you microsoft warn me that it can steal your passwords and credit card and avira said acess to file c users...google...HTML Malicious PDF.gen2 was...
  10. I think I got hacked?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I got hacked?: I was stupid and installed this VPN because someone emailed me and claimed to want to pay me to review it. When I went to install the .exe file my windows virus defender said it was a Trojan so I deleted it right away. Then a couple of days later I get an alert saying both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i think my laptop is hacked should i reset it