Windows 10: I think my pc's hard drive will gonna die soon!!!

Discus and support I think my pc's hard drive will gonna die soon!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello microsoft. I think my pc's hard drive gonna die soon because sometimes my file manager is slow or not responding,sometimes windows search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jokeTV, Apr 27, 2019.

1. jokeTV Win User

I think my pc's hard drive will gonna die soon!!!

Hello microsoft. I think my pc's hard drive gonna die soon because sometimes my file manager is slow or not responding,sometimes windows search fail's,sometimes file or programm get's slow or sometimes even not responding,my hard drive has only around 2.gig's of space left,sometimes my hard drive make's an noise which is unusuall,after a month or some month's in my hard drive occour's an error and my hard drive has 1tb of all space but around 920.gig's of space has occupied by system files!!! microsoft can you help me to save my computer's hard drive before it die's!!!

:)

jokeTV, Apr 27, 2019
  2. RolandJS Win User

Windows 10 PC keeps freezing/crashing - hard disk 'has a bad block'?

There is no way to predict when a HD fails completely. I just recommend doing routine OS and Data partition backups -- as a habit.

RolandJS, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 27, 2019
  4. rooty94 Win User

Windows 10 PC keeps freezing/crashing - hard disk 'has a bad block'?

So I take it your suggesting the hard drive is likely to die soon? Are there any steps I can take to correct this/avoid it? Thanks.

rooty94, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I think my pc's hard drive will gonna die soon!!! - Similar Threads - pc's hard drive

2. Think my gpu is dying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Think my gpu is dying: For the last few months I’ve had a problem where randomly the pixels on my screen would flicker then my pc would freeze and sometimes would reboot others it would go back to normal, today I decided to try and see what the problem was, some previous posts here before suggested...
  3. Think my gpu is dying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Think my gpu is dying: For the last few months I’ve had a problem where randomly the pixels on my screen would flicker then my pc would freeze and sometimes would reboot others it would go back to normal, today I decided to try and see what the problem was, some previous posts here before suggested...
  4. dying hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dying hard drive: My hard drive is dying. Several times each week, it crashes and I get an error message "Hard drive failure. Press F1 to reboot". Sometimes F1 works, sometimes I need to power off and restart, and sometimes I have to boot from a rescue CD. I want to buy a new hard drive and...
  5. I think my windows/hard drive is corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think my windows/hard drive is corrupt: There are many things wrong with my computer, notably I can cannot system reset my computer, configure my new ssd, and check properties for pretty much anything. I have windows 10....
  6. Dying Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dying Hard Drive?: Over the past two weeks my hard drive has came to concluding evidence that it is dying and I was wondering if there was anyway to fix it. Take a look at my Crystal Disk Info....
  7. My Hard drive died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hard drive died: My hard drive in my laptop failed . I'm having to replace the drive. I have the windows 10 home on a USB from when the disability desk helped me recover my laptop from malware. I think the hard drive was damaged from the infection because whole sectors were corrupted after...
  8. Thinking my internal C drive is dying

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Thinking my internal C drive is dying: I woke up one morning to a disconcerting noise. The closest thing to the noise I can describe it sounds like someone walking through water or xmas wrapping paper being crumpled. I know the old mechanical hdd in my desktop would start making loud mechanical noises. I suspect...
  9. Can't rename my hard drives i think?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't rename my hard drives i think?: Yea this is strange i tried renaming my 500 GB SSD i just popped in, i have total ownership administrator rights, BUT when i right click select properties type in new name Documents "msgbox you need permissions bla bla" press ok, BUT NO NAME CHANGE. hmm i tried my other hard...
  10. Is my hard drive dying?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard drive dying?: My system has an SSD boot drive and a secondary internal hard drive. The hard drive is assigned drive letter E. I use it for general storage, downloads, etc. Starting today the system hangs at boot time on SATA Port 6 - which is where the hard drive is connected. If I...