Windows 10: I think my user might be corrupted, please help.

Discus and support I think my user might be corrupted, please help. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I think my user might be corrupted, I'll explain why i think so. First off, now I don't know if this is part of it but every time I turn on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RGrantMD, Apr 17, 2021.

1. RGrantMD Win User

I think my user might be corrupted, please help.

I think my user might be corrupted, I'll explain why i think so. First off, now I don't know if this is part of it but every time I turn on my computer and log in, there's a black screen. I can't see anything and the only thing I can do is move my mouse and see the cursor. I can use task manager and only that. If I wait for a long time, the black screen will go away and I can resume my stuff. But then this next one will just ruin my day. This was a problem I had months ago and now it came back unfortunately. This problem is that when I click on LITERALLY ANYTHING ON MY DESKTOP OR FILE EXPLORER WHETHER IT BE LEFT CLICK OR RIGHT CLICK, IT FREEZES ON ME. Sorry for using caps lock but it's really annoying and really ticks me off. How it does that is that when I click on a file on my desktop or my file explorer, it just shows an hourglass. I can't do anything else about it. The only way to remove it is to go into task manager and end the task or reset explorer. I've tried all I can do. Another problem is that I can't run as administrator. So I have come to the conclusion that my user is corrupted. Do you guys have a solution or something else that might say it might or might not be corrupted? Let me know asap.

Edit: My right click thing is now working fine. IDK what the hell happened to make it finally stop but all I know it's not gonna be like that for long.

BTW here are my pc specs

Version: 20H2

OS Build: 19042.928

:)

RGrantMD, Apr 17, 2021

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

1. I think my user might be corrupted, please help. - Similar Threads - user might corrupted

2. I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?: I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage how do I check if my ram is fine. Like how do I run a diagnostic to determine if my ram or storage are fine?...
  3. I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?: I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage how do I check if my ram is fine. Like how do I run a diagnostic to determine if my ram or storage are fine?...
  4. I think my motherboard is fried. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my motherboard is fried. PLEASE HELP: This is a follow up to my previous question about my laptop having water spilled on it. If this is related, please check it out. Anyways, after 8 days of my laptop not turning on from the water. I gave up and reassembled it, took out the rice, dried it with a towel and put it...
  5. I think my motherboard is fried. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think my motherboard is fried. PLEASE HELP: This is a follow up to my previous question about my laptop having water spilled on it. If this is related, please check it out. Anyways, after 8 days of my laptop not turning on from the water. I gave up and reassembled it, took out the rice, dried it with a towel and put it...
  6. I think my windows is corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think my windows is corrupted: I think my windows is corruptedWhen im trying to run new world my game wont load or start and i get an error message saying Error 0xc0000142 and after that it says untrusted system file sensapi.dll. I also cant do a system reset on the pc because it keeps saying something...
  7. I think my 'D' drive might be broken.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think my 'D' drive might be broken.: I've had my computer for almost a year now and I've encountered multiple problems with my 'D' drive. Any game I put on it seems to not function properly. For example; I downloaded Fortnite on to it since my 'C' drive was too full to put anything on it, however, when I did...
  8. I think my Windows is corrupting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I think my Windows is corrupting.: I will try my best to summarize this in the best way I can. I believe my Windows install is corrupting or a virus is messing with it. My Windows store failed downloads from error code 0x80073DOA, so I tried resetting my Windows store, which ended up making it disappear from...
  9. I think my laptop might be virused

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think my laptop might be virused: Hey guys..first time poster here...so..out of nowhere a loading screen from windows appears like the restart one,but instead of restart it says locking. So i was just playing mc on my potato laptop in 5 fps and then i said nah it s not running right and i tried to exit but it...
  10. please help i think i was scam

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help i think i was scam: customer id-Gets5807 toll free no-1844-915-3111 Gateway-Aspire mareting service- 1years amount-149.99 company-sys tech solutions notepad inetcpl.cpl appwiz.cpl msinfo32 iexplore helpme.net...