Windows 10: I think that my computer has been messed with

Discus and support I think that my computer has been messed with in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I could use some help. My school computer has files i have not a clue to what they are. I was reading some older community forums where is said... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AmandaSargent, Jun 2, 2019.

1. I think that my computer has been messed with

Hello I could use some help. My school computer has files i have not a clue to what they are. I was reading some older community forums where is said to do all this

go to start open search and type...…..this is what I got now there was a note pad that popped up to can anyone tell me if this is normal stuff I only have this laptop for school. And im even having a hard time getting into my school portals. this is what it brought up in the notepad I should be the administrator and my name is even spelled wrong.
    User accounts for \\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Administrator amand amand_v7t8oen
    blhar DefaultAccount defaultuser1
    Guest WDAGUtilityAccount
    The command completed with one or more errors.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.529]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>setLog="%UserProfile%\Desktop\Accounts.txt"
    'setLog' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>net user >%Log%
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>net localgroup Administrators ..%Log%
    The syntax of this command is:
    NET LOCALGROUP
    [groupname [/COMMENT:"text"]] [/DOMAIN]
    groupname {/ADD [/COMMENT:"text"] | /DELETE} [/DOMAIN]
    groupname name [...] {/ADD | /DELETE} [/DOMAIN]

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net user gues ..%Log%
    The user name could not be found.
    More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net user guest..%Log%
    More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>notepad %Log%
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>net helpmsg 2221
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

:)

AmandaSargent, Jun 2, 2019
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think that my computer has been messed with [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I think that my computer has been messed with :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 2, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

I think that my computer has been messed with

Thinking of a AM3 setup

or you could get a good cooler like the xiggy Dk which is $25 AMIR now

cdawall, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

I think that my computer has been messed with

1. I think that my computer has been messed with - Similar Threads - computer has been

2. i messed up i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i messed up i think: i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this...
  3. i messed up i think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i messed up i think: i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this...
  4. I think I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I messed up my drivers: I have a laptop that used to run well. I thought it was just getting old, but recently I looked and saw that my GPU which is a 1660 TI max q was not being used. In the past I had tried to update the drivers but I think I deleted the old ones and downloaded the drivers from...
  5. I think I messed up my drivers

I think I messed up my drivers: I have a laptop that used to run well. I thought it was just getting old, but recently I looked and saw that my GPU which is a 1660 TI max q was not being used. In the past I had tried to update the drivers but I think I deleted the old ones and downloaded the drivers from...
  6. I think my microsoft account has been stolen and hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my microsoft account has been stolen and hacked: So i woke up and realized that my microsoft email was changed to an email adress called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I did some digging and im pretty sure is a russian hacker or something like that, i cannot change my microsoft adress but i have changed my...
  7. I think my microsoft account has been stolen and hacked

I think my microsoft account has been stolen and hacked: So i woke up and realized that my microsoft email was changed to an email adress called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I did some digging and im pretty sure is a russian hacker or something like that, i cannot change my microsoft adress but i have changed my...
  8. Hello i think my microsoft account has been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i think my microsoft account has been hacked?: So basically when I tried to sign in it tells me That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one. When i click on get a new one it tells me that my Gmail is already being used with another Microsoft account. You should sign in with that...
  9. Hello i think my microsoft account has been hacked?

Hello i think my microsoft account has been hacked?: So basically when I tried to sign in it tells me That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one. When i click on get a new one it tells me that my Gmail is already being used with another Microsoft account. You should sign in with that...
  10. In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked: I was checking emails, and I didnt clicked any link,neither I installed any add-on, I suddenly got alert to restart the pc to disable user accounts and it get restart automatically. When it starts,after login screen its displaying this. [img] I have re-installed...