Windows 10: I think that my computer has been messed with

Discus and support I think that my computer has been messed with in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I could use some help. My school computer has files i have not a clue to what they are. I was reading some older community forums where is said... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AmandaSargent, Jun 2, 2019.

1. I think that my computer has been messed with

Hello I could use some help. My school computer has files i have not a clue to what they are. I was reading some older community forums where is said to do all this

go to start open search and type...…..this is what I got now there was a note pad that popped up to can anyone tell me if this is normal stuff I only have this laptop for school. And im even having a hard time getting into my school portals. this is what it brought up in the notepad I should be the administrator and my name is even spelled wrong.
    User accounts for \\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Administrator amand amand_v7t8oen
    blhar DefaultAccount defaultuser1
    Guest WDAGUtilityAccount
    The command completed with one or more errors.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.529]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>setLog="%UserProfile%\Desktop\Accounts.txt"
    'setLog' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>net user >%Log%
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>net localgroup Administrators ..%Log%
    The syntax of this command is:
    NET LOCALGROUP
    [groupname [/COMMENT:"text"]] [/DOMAIN]
    groupname {/ADD [/COMMENT:"text"] | /DELETE} [/DOMAIN]
    groupname name [...] {/ADD | /DELETE} [/DOMAIN]

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net user gues ..%Log%
    The user name could not be found.
    More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net user guest..%Log%
    More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>notepad %Log%
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>net helpmsg 2221
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

:)

AmandaSargent, Jun 2, 2019
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think that my computer has been messed with [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I think that my computer has been messed with :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 2, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

I think that my computer has been messed with

Thinking of a AM3 setup

or you could get a good cooler like the xiggy Dk which is $25 AMIR now

cdawall, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

I think that my computer has been messed with

1. I think that my computer has been messed with - Similar Threads - computer has been

2. Has my account been hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has my account been hacked?: Hello, I deleted all my emails via "delete all" in the junk mail and these all reappeared in my in folder. I then deleted them again and they again reappeared in the In Folder. I think my FB account had been recently hacked and my email address was available there. Is this...
  3. my computer is saying it has been locked and is displaying the Error # DT00X2.

my computer is saying it has been locked and is displaying the Error # DT00X2.: All of the virus scans say nothing is wrong.I It is an InPrivate tab and all attempts to close it have failed. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-is-saying-it-has-been-locked-and-is/2891d621-f911-4798-9947-f6e87ff6f9b6
  4. My laptop thinks it has 5 displays.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop thinks it has 5 displays.: Hey, this has been an ongoing problem with my laptop (Lenovo Y720) and I did uninstall these monitors in the deice manager multiple times already but they always reappear. Even my Nvidia graphics card believes I have 5 of them. I have tried reinstalling the graphic card...
  5. This has been poping up on my computer a lot

This has been poping up on my computer a lot: [IMG] This is a screenshot I took of a window that has been appearing out of nowhere on my computer for no reason at all, saying that there is spyware and a virus on my laptop, and that I visited an illegal website that I would end up in prison for, and asking for my...
  6. I think , I have been Hacked

I think , I have been Hacked: Split from this thread. Microsoft is telling me that my PC is hacked and in danger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-think-i-have-been-hacked/0aacc809-950d-4f11-96b6-8019e5983def
  7. In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked

In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked: I was checking emails, and I didnt clicked any link,neither I installed any add-on, I suddenly got alert to restart the pc to disable user accounts and it get restart automatically. When it starts,after login screen its displaying this. [img] I have re-installed...
  8. My fonts have been messed with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fonts have been messed with: Hi, I have a program (it was written in Visual Basic 6) that I've used for years , including the last 6 months or so on Window 10. Today I started it and lo and behold the fonts have been changed! This is a screen shot from my Windows 7 computer: [img] And this is...
  9. Strange "SYSTEM" drive has been appears on "My Computer". What's it's?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange "SYSTEM" drive has been appears on "My Computer". What's it's?: After last night i have re-turn on my computer about five minutes ago............ i see on "My Computer" i have a new "strange" system drive named F: (C and D it's my HD... E it's dvd burner) whit label "SYSTEM" and i have tryed to access and result inaccessible. The size...
  10. Has my CD been finalized?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has my CD been finalized?: I unsuccessfully tried to burn some files to a CD but the (Ashampoo) burning program stopped midway through and it looks as if nothing got finalized. How can I verify if this is still a usable CD? Thanks in advance to all who reply. Dan 101313