Windows 10: I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus.

Discus and support I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; used translation because I don't know English, i hope I was able to explain.It all started 2-3 days ago when I was trying to download a game from the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aygün Aydınlı, Mar 4, 2024.

1. I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus.

used translation because I don't know English, i hope I was able to explain.It all started 2-3 days ago when I was trying to download a game from the internet. Since Windows Security detected a virus, I immediately deleted the file I downloaded, and then my nightmare began. First, a constant "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" notification started coming from an unknown program. I think the name of the thing that sent the notification was "guboot.exe" , as far as I remember. I say as much as I remember because the name was constantly changingFirst, the location

:)

Aygün Aydınlı, Mar 4, 2024
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

PC Infected with Virus

My boss isn't great with computers and clicked a link in an email she shouldn't have, now the PC is infected with one of those things asking for credit card info to buy anti virus software. I wasn't in the office today so I didn't get to look at it myself, but I told her to boot into safe mode and try system restore, it didn't work though and the virus/program still ran.

Usually in these cases, I just would reinstall Windows to make sure everything is clean. But she has data on this hard drive that can't be lost. When I go in tomorrow, I was going to see if I can copy the data to an external while in safe mode. I don't think it'll work, but I'll give it a shot.

I *think* I have a second internal hard drive at my office. Could I put this in the PC, install Windows on it, boot into the clean Windows then copy the files from the hard drive with the infected Windows?

Any suggestions how I should best deal with this?

OrbitzXT, Mar 4, 2024
  3. yuki2012 Win User
    PC Infected with Virus

My computer have been infected with Virus, too...
    so upset

yuki2012, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Kreij Win User

I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus.

Computer Virus Infects U.S Drones

It was bound to happen sooner or later, I suppose.

Read more at WIRED

Kreij, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus.

1. I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus. - Similar Threads - computer infected virus

2. I think my computer is infected with a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think my computer is infected with a virus: my computer seems to be infected with a virus, i tried installing a new windows on my computer but immediately after installation when i double click on an app or file it will ask for permission to delete file and without permission it will move to recycle bin...
  3. I think my computer is infected with a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my computer is infected with a virus: my computer seems to be infected with a virus, i tried installing a new windows on my computer but immediately after installation when i double click on an app or file it will ask for permission to delete file and without permission it will move to recycle bin...
  4. is my computer infected by virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is my computer infected by virus?: hi, so today i noticed something wierd on my laptop window 11, inspiron and well it was wierd... so first when i pluged my laptop the white light that usually pops up when i plug the charger in well, it wasnt acting the way it does. you see, it started to blink like A LOT and...
  5. My computer is infected by a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is infected by a virus: There is alot of pop ups when browsing the web, there are phone number to call but it is overseas numbers, is that Microsoft phone number? +9523145320 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-infected-by-a-virus/72512569-8af6-4333-bb28-8f5d9561e1e5
  6. My computer is infected by a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is infected by a virus: There is alot of pop ups when browsing the web, there are phone number to call but it is overseas numbers, is that Microsoft phone number? +9523145320 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-infected-by-a-virus/72512569-8af6-4333-bb28-8f5d9561e1e5
  7. My computer is infected by a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer infected with virus?

Computer infected with virus?: Between 2:10-2:15 my computer has woken up by itself and between that time my father woke up to try to turn it off because I have the speed fan app to have my case fans turned to max, which woke him up. When he was about to shut it off, it started speaking with a male voice...
  9. (SOLVED) Virus infected MS Defender

(SOLVED) Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...
  10. Virus infected MS Defender

Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...