Windows 10: i think the latest windows update broke some stuff...

Discus and support i think the latest windows update broke some stuff... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so after I got the latest windows to update today is Jul 3, everything looked different like windows settings and my browser, discord too and and why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sly_meeko, Jul 3, 2020.

1. i think the latest windows update broke some stuff...

so after I got the latest windows to update today is Jul 3, everything looked different like windows settings and my browser, discord too and and why is my hotbar suddently larger. sometimes windows just suddenly crashes. It just says please wait and we will collect the information about the crash but it just does not load (that wasted 4 hours of my life) it didn't even reach 1% so I restarted it. So is there a way to revert back the visuals to the old model? (I'm using a AcerNitro 5)

thanks

submitted by /u/sly_meeko
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sly_meeko, Jul 3, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond i think the latest windows update broke some stuff... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 3, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Microsoft withdraws bad Windows 7 update that broke future Windows 7 updates

"Unfortunately, this apparently simple change has had severe consequences for some users of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, with users reporting that Windows Update, drivers from both Nvidia and AMD, and some third-party software including Virtual Box are all unable to install correctly. The error code 0x8004FF91 seems to be a common finding."

http://arstechnica.com/information-...7-update-that-broke-future-windows-7-updates/

DRDNA, Jul 3, 2020
  4. bbinnard Win User

i think the latest windows update broke some stuff...

Thunderbird Daily's latest update broke the program

The latest update 60.0a1 (2018-02-01) totally broke the software. It won't connect to my email server, rendering it useless for email. It also won't show my calendar, or task list, won't show the Options window, and won't show What's New either.

I've got a Macrium backup from which I can restore the previous version, but it's set for auto update which means as soon as I start it the same bad update will get installed.

bbinnard, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

i think the latest windows update broke some stuff...

1. i think the latest windows update broke some stuff... - Similar Threads - latest update broke

2. Stuff broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuff broke: I have logged back onto my pc with windows 11 after a week and a bit of not using it and my microsoft store, xbox app, EA launcher, Ubisoft connect and epic games launcher have all been signed out of and wont let me sing back in, and steam says im offline. microsoft store let...
  3. Stuff broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuff broke: I have logged back onto my pc with windows 11 after a week and a bit of not using it and my microsoft store, xbox app, EA launcher, Ubisoft connect and epic games launcher have all been signed out of and wont let me sing back in, and steam says im offline. microsoft store let...
  4. Latest update broke scaling for some apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke scaling for some apps: The 20h2 (EDIT: KB5000808) update broke the scaling for Ableton Live for my HP laptop. No matter what combination of settings I tried (.exe properties, display scaling, etc.) windows was unable to properly scale the app to my 4k display. Another minor annoyance was My...
  5. I think I broke windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think I broke windows: Ok, so, I downloaded a theme for windows 10. It was in .theme format My screen went black. I hard-restarted held off button on my laptop and turned back on and it was still black all I could do was login rn I am on my linux dual boot and IDK what to do I tried deleting...
  6. I think I broke the window(s)

I think I broke the window(s): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goodbyereallife [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2j172/i_think_i_broke_the_windows/
  7. 1909 Update broke stuff

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1909 Update broke stuff: Well here we go, After the 1909 update this morning, My Strafe RGB Mk2 keyboard is no longer recognized by my iCUE software and now Paintshop Pro X6 will no longer open or save an image. Not shjure what else is broken yet. Running WIndows Pro 64 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)....
  8. i think i broke windows

i think i broke windows: So i found out i needed to delete unused files to make my pc run faster. I think the ones i deleted were in the C: Local Disk thing and it was the windows folder. and some other folders i dont remember. I already tried to recover some files in the recycling Bin but they...
  9. Latest update broke laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  10. Latest update broke Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update broke Windows Ink: I used to use Windows Ink + a Wacom tablet daily (on a 3rd monitor) when working on my 3D design - mainly for working out math, trig etc. I also used it to explain stuff when making Camtasia tutorials. After the latest update, apparently I have to sign in to work on my...