Windows 10: I think the recommended screen resolution is incorrect

Discus and support I think the recommended screen resolution is incorrect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a refurbished dell with Windows 10. The screen is "zoomed in" and blurry, and the sides of apps or windows is often cut off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BanditBuddy24, Aug 14, 2019.

1. I think the recommended screen resolution is incorrect

I recently purchased a refurbished dell with Windows 10. The screen is "zoomed in" and blurry, and the sides of apps or windows is often cut off. I increased the resolution in the display settings from the recommended "1024x768" to 1152x864 and to 1280x1024 (the only options), and it looked much better in terms of size, and the app windows fit properly, but everything was stretched horizontally somewhat. I have updated drivers for the monitors and the display adapter, but nothing has improved. Any help would be appreciated.

Bonus points: I also can't get the bluelight filter to work, despite updating drivers, and deleting/reinstalling the register keys for it, so if you can solve both problems, you're a real winner!

:)

BanditBuddy24, Aug 14, 2019

2. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Jim56813 Win User

I think the recommended screen resolution is incorrect

Screen Resolution

Recently overnight my screen resolution changed. The original recommended resolution was 1600 by 900. That resolution is not listed in the display resolution list, and what is currently recommended stretches the screen and anything displayed. Is there a
    way to add the correct resolution?

Thanks

Jim56813, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

I think the recommended screen resolution is incorrect

1. I think the recommended screen resolution is incorrect - Similar Threads - recommended screen resolution

2. Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution: Hi,I set my screen resolution to the recommended 3440 x 1440 for my monitor using the Display Control Panel, by selecting that resolution from the drop-down list.Upon restarting the PC however my Windows 10 always boots in 2560 x 1440 resolution, and if I try to use programs...
  3. Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution: Hi,I set my screen resolution to the recommended 3440 x 1440 for my monitor using the Display Control Panel, by selecting that resolution from the drop-down list.Upon restarting the PC however my Windows 10 always boots in 2560 x 1440 resolution, and if I try to use programs...
  4. Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  6. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  7. Recommended resolution

Recommended resolution: Hi,I recently finished building my new PC and successfully installed Windows on it. However, the resolution is set to 1366x768. I change it to 1920x1080 but the display is zoomed in to the center slightly. I fix this issue by going into the graphics settings and manually set...
  8. Windows 10 Display Settings Recommended Resolution Setting is Incorrect

Windows 10 Display Settings Recommended Resolution Setting is Incorrect: I'm trying to drive an external monitor from my Lenovo ThinkPad. The laptop screen's maximum resolution is 1920 x 1080, and the monitor's maximum resolution is 2560 x 1440. The problem is that Windows 10 limits the maximum resolution of the external monitor to the lower...
  9. Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor: The recommended screen resolution 1920 x 1080 has recently become too big for my monitor. When I delete the driver and let windows replace it [Intel UHD Graphics 630], the screen resolution is correct, but after a moment or two it reverts to being too big. This is a...
  10. Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen

Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen: Recommend resolution 1920X1080. It's been working fine since I set machine up 7 months ago. Display randomly expanded. I have to reduce resolution to 1600X1200 to fit on monitor. Updated Windows, updated graphic card drivers, ran all OEM updates, read and tried every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reommended resolution is wrong

2. recommanded screen resolution