Windows 10: I think there is some sort of Command Prompt interfering with my search engine?

Discus and support I think there is some sort of Command Prompt interfering with my search engine? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In a basic way of putting it, when I boot up my computer and open up a search engine then the search engine will close and then re-open with all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MyDogHasNoGagReflex, Mar 27, 2023.

1. I think there is some sort of Command Prompt interfering with my search engine?

In a basic way of putting it, when I boot up my computer and open up a search engine then the search engine will close and then re-open with all original tabs except it opens up a tab labeled "mutti". This is particularly interesting because Mutti is my last name. I've ran numerous Windows Defender Scans as well as removing any unofficial wWindows programs from my computer since I've had this problem. Another thing that is weird is that it seems to be on a timer. I say this because the longer I wait before opening up a search engine, the shorter amount of time it will take for the cmd prompt to close and re-open with the "mutti" tab.

submitted by /u/MyDogHasNoGagReflex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MyDogHasNoGagReflex, Mar 27, 2023
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Why are my library search engines not loading on Windows 10?

Hi Bethany,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you connected the computer to any Network domain?
    • Which browser are you using to access the search engines?
    • Are you facing this issue only with the particular Library websites?
    I would suggest you to run the flushdns
    which will force the computer to clear the DNS cache and check if helps:

• Press Windows key + r.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns
    • Hit Enter
    You can also follow the steps to reset Winsock. Then you can try release and renew IP address.

• Press Windows + X and select command prompt(admin)
    • enter this command netsh winsock reset
    • restart the computer:
    To release ip address and renew ip address you can try the following steps:

• Press Windows + X and select command prompt(admin)
    • Enter this command ipconfig/ release then hit Enter.
    • Enter this command to renew the ip address ipconfig / renew then hit Enter.
    Hope it helps. Feel free to post the updated status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 27, 2023
  4. I think there is some sort of Command Prompt interfering with my search engine?

Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

I think there is some sort of Command Prompt interfering with my search engine?

1. I think there is some sort of Command Prompt interfering with my search engine? - Similar Threads - sort Command Prompt

2. Need some Command Prompt codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need some Command Prompt codes: There is a system that comes with Windows computers called Command Prompt or "cmd". I only know two codes on it. Just wondering if you have a list of codes I can use?...
  3. Command Prompt is closing chrome and I think I have a virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command Prompt is closing chrome and I think I have a virus: If I'm charging my computer every once in a while a command promt window will open and close, then chrome will close and re-open but with two new tabs, - and School. What should I do?...
  4. Google Chrome Crashes — I think it is Command Prompt Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome Crashes — I think it is Command Prompt Related: I have been experiencing several chrome window crashes since this morning.. There was never any input from my side. This never happened before, and I never did anything new..Google Chrome could've updated while I was asleep since I didn't shut off my PC, so that is a possible...
  5. Google Chrome Crashes — I think it is Command Prompt Related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Crashes — I think it is Command Prompt Related: I have been experiencing several chrome window crashes since this morning.. There was never any input from my side. This never happened before, and I never did anything new..Google Chrome could've updated while I was asleep since I didn't shut off my PC, so that is a possible...
  6. Google Chrome Crashes — I think it is Command Prompt Related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I think my computer has a vulnerability of some sort.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think my computer has a vulnerability of some sort.: I was just using my computer and I have the Razer Cortex Software, it wasn't working in the past so I repaired it in control panel. I go over to boost and boost it with the default options and then I exit all apps and then SystemSettings.exe detects some kind of vulnerability...
  8. Windows 10 sort issue or bug at command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 sort issue or bug at command prompt: Hello, all. I am either seeing a bug in sort or I am not using it - or understanding it - correctly. I have a file "filelist.txt" that contains a listing of files on my Windows 10 system. The size is 65,772,625 bytes. When I sort the file and place the results into a...
  9. Cortana interfering with search engine preference in Vivaldi browser - Windows 10 search bug?

in Cortana
    Cortana interfering with search engine preference in Vivaldi browser - Windows 10 search bug?: Split from this thread. Jim, Hi, I have a search question too. I installed win 10 home pro 3 days ago. I use vivaldi as my browser. I am not able to use the address bar as search or the search bar on the top right. Cortana apparently would not allow that. So I disabled...
  10. Search using the Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Search using the Command Prompt: Hi - I need a bit of help but it cannot be too technical as I don't understand half of what I read in these threads*Confused My computer will not boot into Windows 10 (10.0.18302.356) but it does get so far as a Recovery Screen which tells me that a critical system driver is...