Windows 10: I think there is some sort of virus in my windows. following are the things i noticed so...

Discus and support I think there is some sort of virus in my windows. following are the things i noticed so... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop (precision 7520) has been acting strangely. The first abnormality i noticed was; the hibernate option in the power menu is no longer there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Orvillet, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Orvillet Win User

I think there is some sort of virus in my windows. following are the things i noticed so...

My laptop (precision 7520) has been acting strangely.

The first abnormality i noticed was; the hibernate option in the power menu is no longer there. I went to settings but it wasn't there either. I tried using the run command to get the hibernate option back. Even then it did nothing.

The second issue i noticed this morning was, the audio from chrome is muted. Audio otherwise plays but nothing from the internet.

Can anyone give me their expert opinion and as to what should be done?

:)

Orvillet, Dec 11, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 11, 2019
  3. SteveHols Win User
    "Virus scan failed" notice

When I try to download a EXE file onto my computer I get a "Virus scan failed" notice.
    I contacted McAfee, which was the file I was trying to download, and they suggested that
    I contact you as they were thinking it was a registry entry of windows defender.

Using Windows Home 10 with 64 bit system on a HP Pavilion
    Can you help?

Thank you
    Steve Hols
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

SteveHols, Dec 11, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

I think there is some sort of virus in my windows. following are the things i noticed so...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I think there is some sort of virus in my windows. following are the things i noticed so... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. I think there is some sort of virus in my windows. following are the things i noticed so... - Similar Threads - sort virus following

2. Is UnlockerTool.exe a Virus of some sort?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is UnlockerTool.exe a Virus of some sort?: So I tried to root my lenovo but I got orange-state bootloop I only now realized root sucks and really has no privileges, but this isn't the point of this post so in an effort to try to fix if, I looked on YouTube and saw some videos about an windows app that can fix those...
  3. Is UnlockerTool.exe a Virus of some sort?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is UnlockerTool.exe a Virus of some sort?: So I tried to root my lenovo but I got orange-state bootloop I only now realized root sucks and really has no privileges, but this isn't the point of this post so in an effort to try to fix if, I looked on YouTube and saw some videos about an windows app that can fix those...
  4. something is wrong with my pc i think some sort of virus has done it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something is wrong with my pc i think some sort of virus has done it: hi i have a gaming pc however im having crashing issues, my gpu drivers are always up to date but windows updates im having a issue with, when i try and update windows it says "something went wrong, try and open settings later" so i decided to look it up on youtube and they...
  5. something is wrong with my pc i think some sort of virus has done it

something is wrong with my pc i think some sort of virus has done it: hi i have a gaming pc however im having crashing issues, my gpu drivers are always up to date but windows updates im having a issue with, when i try and update windows it says "something went wrong, try and open settings later" so i decided to look it up on youtube and they...
  6. something is wrong with my pc i think some sort of virus has done it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I think there is some sort of Command Prompt interfering with my search engine?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think there is some sort of Command Prompt interfering with my search engine?: In a basic way of putting it, when I boot up my computer and open up a search engine then the search engine will close and then re-open with all original tabs except it opens up a tab labeled "mutti". This is particularly interesting because Mutti is my last name. I've ran...
  8. Is this a trojan or some sort of virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a trojan or some sort of virus?: I dont know if im paranoid because of odd problems with my pcs with the timing of some life events or if Im being hacked or played with. The past couple months Ive been getting odd errors trying to get into websites I used to have no problem with. Not alot just some specific...
  9. Is this a trojan or some sort of virus?

Is this a trojan or some sort of virus?: I dont know if im paranoid because of odd problems with my pcs with the timing of some life events or if Im being hacked or played with. The past couple months Ive been getting odd errors trying to get into websites I used to have no problem with. Not alot just some specific...
  10. I think my computer has a vulnerability of some sort.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think my computer has a vulnerability of some sort.: I was just using my computer and I have the Razer Cortex Software, it wasn't working in the past so I repaired it in control panel. I go over to boost and boost it with the default options and then I exit all apps and then SystemSettings.exe detects some kind of vulnerability...