Windows 10: I think trickbot attacked and Windows defender is blank

Discus and support I think trickbot attacked and Windows defender is blank in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft.! I am using Windows 10 from quite sometime. Before this i was using Windows 7 and now I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using malware... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Darkness believer, Sep 22, 2020.

1. I think trickbot attacked and Windows defender is blank

Hello Microsoft.! I am using Windows 10 from quite sometime. Before this i was using Windows 7 and now I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using malware bytes in Windows 7 but I thought I won't need it in Windows 10 due to Windows defender but I recently some malware probably trickbot attacked and it was designed in such a way that it can shut down Windows defender.

Now every time I try to scan anything with Windows defender I am getting a message your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app , and the item you tried to access is not available . Contact it helpdesk for more information.

My pc is not connected to any network and I am the only administrator.

I again scanned my pc with malware bytes and total of 105 viruses were eliminated.

So plz help with it administrator. I don't wanna install the Windows again.

:)

Darkness believer, Sep 22, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

Defending and attacking multiplayer?!

Natural Selection 2 (Siege mode, rare but very fun mode or just the normal one where you do it at the same time)
    UT99/2004 (Assault mode, objective based attacking/defending)
    Left 4 Dead 2 (Versus mode)

Personally, UT99's Assault maps were and still are the essence of attacking/defending in turns. And it always resulted in spectacular fights. And to spice things up you could for example enable Rocket Arena or InstaGib and make the whole thing totally insane. Plus, maps were totally awesome, from speeding trains, ship docked in a bay, castle fortresses, submerged deep sea stations...

RejZoR, Sep 22, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

I think trickbot attacked and Windows defender is blank

Jacee, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

I think trickbot attacked and Windows defender is blank

1. I think trickbot attacked and Windows defender is blank - Similar Threads - trickbot attacked defender

2. windows defender appears blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender appears blank: How to fix this error ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-appears-blank/cd8f85cd-cf69-4685-bba6-591547d5eb14
  3. Windows Defender goes blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender goes blank: Today, I opened windows defender and found it blank. What happened?My windows version 20H2See there is nothing : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-goes-blank/88d5ffaa-fb4d-40f1-a067-f523c943ff33
  4. Windows Defender Blank

Windows Defender Blank: My Windows Defender is showing like this. Can anyone help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blank/d35f83ae-8612-4fba-b319-d7b41814adf3
  5. windows defender appearing blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows defender appearing blank: [ATTACH] for some unknown reason, whenever i try to run defender, it looks like this. i can't scan files for virus, and i've spent a few hours troubleshooting, and in services.msi i'm unable to reset. I've restarted wuauserV, msiserver, cryptSvc, and bits (fixing error...
  6. Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing

Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing: [ATTACH] I have been searching around the web to resolve this issue. Came empty handed. I saw a lot of websites and videos saying that I should restart Windows Defender Services. But in my case, problems don't come in just 1: [ATTACH] Supposedly, Windows Defender...
  7. Trickbot Malware

Trickbot Malware: Wow! Trickbot malware adds new feature to target telecoms, universities and finance companies | ZDNet 152491
  8. What’s this Trojan TRICKBOT

What’s this Trojan TRICKBOT: Just read a report about a Trojan called TRICKBOT. Are Microsoft aware of this it can apparently affect Defender Is it being addressed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/whats-this-trojan-trickbot/b731e4d7-60d3-4407-a83c-5d607c9abf9a
  9. Windows Defender protection network attacks

Windows Defender protection network attacks: Good day, 1) Please inform which modules are responsible for protecting network attacks? What modules should be included? 2) A test simulation of a network attack on vulnerabilities was cited, and no events were found. Tell me where is the information about network attacks?...
  10. Problem with Windows Defender, I think.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Windows Defender, I think.: When I had this laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro I asked the tech to name it "xxxxx". He did that and whenever I fired up the machine I got "xxxxx Welcome". Last week I received an update from Microsoft and at the end of its installation (1 hour) the laptop told me...