Windows 10: I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update

Discus and support I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Back when Windows 10 was being rolled out, I signed up for a free copy. At some point I had issues getting Windows 10 to update. I set up a time for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dljdlj, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Dljdlj Win User

I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update

Back when Windows 10 was being rolled out, I signed up for a free copy.

At some point I had issues getting Windows 10 to update. I set up a time for Microsoft to help me.

They went in, and messed around with my computer and when I refused to pay a fee, immediately closed

the Windows, and left my computer a mess. I had to go back and figure out what they changed and put

it back.

Meanwhile, over a year later, I figure out what the problem was. (Turned out to be an easily fixed hard drive issue-

it was just not easy to find.)

Fast forward.. recently I realized in the corner of my screen it says "Activate Windows."

So I look at the Activation screen and it says that I am running Windows 10 Pro, but my license is for Windows 10

Home, and that if I either need to reinstall home or buy a license for Windows 10 Pro. So I look up the activation date:

it is in May 6, 2018. I originally installed Windows 10 via the original Windows 10 roll out. I mean I looked it up and I

reserved it back in 2015. I see there was a "Feature update" on May 6, 2018.

How do I fix this?

:)

Dljdlj, Nov 8, 2018
  2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2018
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 8, 2018
  4. crazyeyesreaper Win User

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update - Similar Threads - Pro was somehow

2. (0x80070424) during Windows 10 pro update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (0x80070424) during Windows 10 pro update: There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070424)...
  3. why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what...: I have my own paid for anti-virus, anti-malware software. I do not use windows defender. At one point I only had that and an anti-virus but windows defender did not defend. So now I notice my outlook notebook application (the one you download and use in your computer) will...
  4. Power failure during update installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power failure during update installation: Restarting my PC to install update 1703, it got about 60% through the process, when - aaaargh - power failure!. The outage only lasted a few seconds, but the damage was done. Restart appeared successful, and everything seems to work, but the "update" screen in "settings"...
  5. Stuck during installation of Creators Update

Stuck during installation of Creators Update: My computer wanted to install the Creators Update so I started the process. It started updating but the computer got stuck. The screen is now mainly black with one stationary white dot at the bottom. I think it's one of the spinning dots but the computer got stuck before the...
  6. (KB4016871) update is bad and buggy i think

(KB4016871) update is bad and buggy i think: hey i recently updated to 1703 and then a day later i updated this 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016871) and wasnt able to boot past windows 10 icon. had to system restore so just a warning about after going on 1703 windows...
  7. I think Windows is lying to me !!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I think Windows is lying to me !!!: Hi there I can't make sense of the values the task manager is showing -- for starters I'm running VMWARE workstation rel 12 which is 64 bit not 32 bit so why it's reporting a 32 bit application --no idea. I don't believe the VM is 0% CPU either as there's two servers...
  8. No downloading and installing the updates during its installation

No downloading and installing the updates during its installation: Hi How do I prevent Windows 10 automatically download and install the updates during its installation? Thanks Bye 21290
  9. I think windows just tried to install the creator update

I think windows just tried to install the creator update: Hi all, I think windows just tried to install the creator update. It said that it needs to restart. After restarting I get a new screen telling me that this will take some time and windows needs to restart several times. So I left the computer alone and when I came back,...
  10. Somehow Win10 Didn't Install, I Guess.

Somehow Win10 Didn't Install, I Guess.: Just now I went through the Win8.1 to Win10 upgrade dance. It took about 40 minutes. I was watching when it reached about 98% complete and went into another reboot. When it finished and returned to my desktop I checked Windows properties and it still says 8.1 -- no messages,...