Windows 10: I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update

Discus and support I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Back when Windows 10 was being rolled out, I signed up for a free copy. At some point I had issues getting Windows 10 to update. I set up a time for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dljdlj, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Dljdlj Win User

I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update

Back when Windows 10 was being rolled out, I signed up for a free copy.

At some point I had issues getting Windows 10 to update. I set up a time for Microsoft to help me.

They went in, and messed around with my computer and when I refused to pay a fee, immediately closed

the Windows, and left my computer a mess. I had to go back and figure out what they changed and put

it back.

Meanwhile, over a year later, I figure out what the problem was. (Turned out to be an easily fixed hard drive issue-

it was just not easy to find.)

Fast forward.. recently I realized in the corner of my screen it says "Activate Windows."

So I look at the Activation screen and it says that I am running Windows 10 Pro, but my license is for Windows 10

Home, and that if I either need to reinstall home or buy a license for Windows 10 Pro. So I look up the activation date:

it is in May 6, 2018. I originally installed Windows 10 via the original Windows 10 roll out. I mean I looked it up and I

reserved it back in 2015. I see there was a "Feature update" on May 6, 2018.

How do I fix this?

:)

Dljdlj, Nov 8, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2018
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 8, 2018
  4. I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update

1. I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update - Similar Threads - Pro was somehow

2. i think i missed up my windows file during reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i missed up my windows file during reinstalling: i had problems with my windows that i needed a bootable usb to fix my windowsi had the same problem before a year ago and i asked here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-files-got-corrupted/d8e8d830-4390-47b4-acaf-c159f7f51b4eit worked for me...
  3. i think i missed up my windows file during reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think i missed up my windows file during reinstalling: i had problems with my windows that i needed a bootable usb to fix my windowsi had the same problem before a year ago and i asked here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-files-got-corrupted/d8e8d830-4390-47b4-acaf-c159f7f51b4eit worked for me...
  4. i think i missed up my windows file during reinstalling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need help installing drivers during installation. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help installing drivers during installation. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheCreeper_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/limsgi/need_help_installing_drivers_during_installation/
  6. installing product key for windows pro during update errors ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing product key for windows pro during update errors ?: do Update Errors Compromise a Product Key Change? - I purchased Home version Product Key instead of 10 Pro for a pre owned laptop, having zero windows 10 experience and I am Done with the experience of Learning to Downgrade this ^#&@!!* I Purchased another Key Pro this time...
  7. Surface won't actually start and I think it shut down during an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface won't actually start and I think it shut down during an update: So Im pretty sure my laptop shut off while it was trying to update, and I haven't been able to get it to fully start up since. It will show the login welcome screen that's loading your desktop for hours. I don't know what to do....
  8. why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what...: I have my own paid for anti-virus, anti-malware software. I do not use windows defender. At one point I only had that and an anti-virus but windows defender did not defend. So now I notice my outlook notebook application (the one you download and use in your computer) will...
  9. I think windows just tried to install the creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think windows just tried to install the creator update: Hi all, I think windows just tried to install the creator update. It said that it needs to restart. After restarting I get a new screen telling me that this will take some time and windows needs to restart several times. So I left the computer alone and when I came back,...
  10. Somehow Win10 Didn't Install, I Guess.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow Win10 Didn't Install, I Guess.: Just now I went through the Win8.1 to Win10 upgrade dance. It took about 40 minutes. I was watching when it reached about 98% complete and went into another reboot. When it finished and returned to my desktop I checked Windows properties and it still says 8.1 -- no messages,...