Windows 10: i thought i had a real ph. no. for microsoft and found out 800-642-7676 is not a microsoft...

Discus and support i thought i had a real ph. no. for microsoft and found out 800-642-7676 is not a microsoft... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so is the phone number not microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fredduke, Nov 1, 2018.

1. fredduke Win User

i thought i had a real ph. no. for microsoft and found out 800-642-7676 is not a microsoft...

so is the phone number not microsoft

:)

fredduke, Nov 1, 2018
  2. mom532000 Win User

is this a "real" telephone number for technical support? 800-642-7676 I let them on my computer yesterday!! :O

is this a "real" telephone number for technical support? 800-642-7676 I let them on my computer yesterday!! :O

mom532000, Nov 1, 2018
  3. BroShank Win User
    800 642 7676 a legit number for Microsoft support?

I am completely and totally confused after reading about this topic.?.?.?.? I didn't receive a call from this number like some people in here are saying, i was simply trying to reset my Microsoft account password because my Xbox one was stolen and whoever
    has it is able to automatically sign on to my Xbox live account when they turn on my Xbox one which would give them the chance to buy movies/games/ECT. Because my debit card is linked to the account. But what everyone on this topic for some reason can't seem
    to underatand is people are asking if it's a scam then why is the number listed on Microsofts website? I can understand if the number calls you, in that case yes it's definitely a scam because there are programs that allow a scammer to make any number they
    want show up on your caller ID but what im saying is it's safe to call the number. Because it is the official number that is listed on the official Microsoft website. I'm sure hundreds of people that have all been asking this same question and keep getting
    the same answer are going to be like "thank God! Somebody finally gets what I'm asking!" Haha but yes like im saying if the number(800 642 7676) calls you yes it is a scam but you can most certainly call
    the number because it is a legitimate number for Microsoft.

BroShank, Nov 1, 2018
  4. i thought i had a real ph. no. for microsoft and found out 800-642-7676 is not a microsoft...

800 642 7676 a legit number for Microsoft support?

I was just on Remote Chat last night for the "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" virus -- and the Tech Agent told me to call this number!!! OMGosh, ... what the heck!?! I've had Remote Sessions before with the Agents on the web-page that I
    bookmarked from a previous session -- and the previous session helped and had no talk of money. Now, THIS guy, Henry C, I think it was, tells me I got to fork over either $99 for one session or a hundred and something for a year's coverage. Then, I get another
    crash from the above mentioned virus, and when I get back on, I give him the Code the Lock-Screen gave me (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) -- and this guy tells me HE can't do anything more -- and gives me this number to all, 1 (800) 642-7676, and the OP says they
    were told this is a scam???

BTW, I just Googled that phone number (which is how I got HERE) and got pages and pages of complaints.

If this is the case, just what is going on at Microsoft!?

AuroraGriffin, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

i thought i had a real ph. no. for microsoft and found out 800-642-7676 is not a microsoft...

1. i thought i had a real ph. no. for microsoft and found out 800-642-7676 is not a microsoft... - Similar Threads - thought real microsoft

2. Real Microsoft or am I duped into a "Microsoft" deal ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Real Microsoft or am I duped into a "Microsoft" deal ?: I just paid $500 to a "Microsoft" advisor, who contacted me by phone and warned me that my computer had too many hackers attacks and would soon be inoperateble anymore,. but "Microsoft" could help to remove all hackers and prevent any hackers attacks for the next 2 years. Is...
  3. Real Microsoft or am I duped into a "Microsoft" deal ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Real Microsoft or am I duped into a "Microsoft" deal ?: I just paid $500 to a "Microsoft" advisor, who contacted me by phone and warned me that my computer had too many hackers attacks and would soon be inoperateble anymore,. but "Microsoft" could help to remove all hackers and prevent any hackers attacks for the next 2 years. Is...
  4. Real Microsoft or am I duped into a "Microsoft" deal ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Urgent!! Is this a legit microsoft number for malware and virus threat? 800-642-7676

Urgent!! Is this a legit microsoft number for malware and virus threat? 800-642-7676: I got an alarm sounding saying my computer was under threat of malware and that it was locked up, not to exit the alarm screen and to call microsoft to unlock my computer and remove threat. The number to call is 800-642-7676. Is this legit microsoft number or is this a...
  6. I just found out that there's a Microsoft Defender offline mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just found out that there's a Microsoft Defender offline mode: [ATTACH] It's the 4th option in the scan options. I absolutely did not know his was there. Found while tinkering in a Windows 10 VM. https://preview.redd.it/g00avisifna71.png?width=1025&format=png&auto=webp&s=bda1c02bb6554cd13da4dabbc299a5724488ae13 submitted by...
  7. Microsoft wireless keyboard 800

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft wireless keyboard 800: Where can i connect four usb wires to Microsoft wireless keyboard 800 , b cause i want to change my keyboard into wired keyboard as i lost my dongle * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS not specified...
  8. Microsoft wireless keyboard 800

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft wireless keyboard 800: Hello, my keyboard has been working fine till it started to have the function keys 1 to 12 binded to keys like WASDE and others . I have removed the keys from the keyboard to check if keys such as control , alt windows and shift are pressed down . This keyboard does not have...
  9. 800 642 7676 is a fake Microsoft number

800 642 7676 is a fake Microsoft number: 800 642 7676 is a fake Microsoft number. I noticed this forum is filled with Indian scammers pretending to be Microsoft employees who may say that 800 642 7676 is a real Microsoft number, when in fact it is not. Microsoft is a multi billion dollar company. They will never...
  10. Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft

Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft: I was scammed by someone with an email who I thought was Microsoft support. Do I post the details on this forum, or somewhere else ? I may have selected the wrong Topic and Category - nothing else seemed to fit this situation. thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is (800) 642-7676 legitimate?