Windows 10: I thought I was writing files to a CD. But they're in a file...

Discus and support I thought I was writing files to a CD. But they're in a file... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I thought I was writing files to a CD. But they're in a file C:\users\myname\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\burn\burn. How do I actually write them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lost-626, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Lost-626 Win User

I thought I was writing files to a CD. But they're in a file...

I thought I was writing files to a CD. But they're in a file C:\users\myname\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\burn\burn. How do I actually write them to the CD?

:)

Lost-626, Jul 18, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 18, 2019
  3. CD-Rs won't open.

Hello,

• How old is the CDR exactly? When did you write it?
    • Did you try it on a different system?
    As the disc was written on a different OS platform as well as an older writing application, there is a possibility the CD might be obsolete or corrupted.
    I suggest you to check the status of the issue on a different computer and see if the files appear. Further, try the below steps to check if the files are visible.

• Click search box, and then type cmd.
    • Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    • In front of the CD/DVD drive letter, type DIR and check if you’re able to find the files.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Squirrely Win User

Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Try this snippit in a batch file:

You have to specify where to go with the batch file, which is what the cd command is for. Then, once the prompt is in that directory, the last command lists all of the files (including directories) in the list_of_files.txt text file, since dir is a command, not the directory location. *Smile I  thought I was writing files to a CD.  But they're in a file... :)

Edit: Also, if your directory has spaces, you may have to put the directory in quotes, such as:

Squirrely, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. I thought I was writing files to a CD. But they're in a file... - Similar Threads - thought was writing

2. How could File History fail to save important files? I thought it was almost invincible....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How could File History fail to save important files? I thought it was almost invincible....: Recently, I've found a couple of folders to be empty of important files. I use a password manager and all recent files for the password manager were missing. Particularly distressing was the fact that even folders saved by File History were deficient with only a few assorted...
  3. CD is write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD is write protected: HelloI want to format my school CD and use some things on himBut when i go to format him it says the disk is write protected I tried going to cmd and cleared attributes but is is still same thing Can you help me?...
  4. CD is write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD is write protected: HelloI want to format my school CD and use some things on himBut when i go to format him it says the disk is write protected I tried going to cmd and cleared attributes but is is still same thing Can you help me?...
  5. CD is write protected

6. how do I burn files on cd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I burn files on cd?: I have an old laptop with a cd/dvd drive. I want to copy some files on a cd, but I don't understand how. Maybe someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I managed to copy my files to cd, but when I check, they are not there. It asks me to burn the files. How do I do...
  7. how do I burn files on cd?

how do I burn files on cd?: I have an old laptop with a cd/dvd drive. I want to copy some files on a cd, but I don't understand how. Maybe someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I managed to copy my files to cd, but when I check, they are not there. It asks me to burn the files. How do I do...
  8. Thought I lost my files, now I actually may have lost my files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thought I lost my files, now I actually may have lost my files...: I went from 1903 to 2004 last night and upon reboot I had a mini panic attack because I didn't see any of my files. It seemed like I had a hard reset on my PC. Thankfully, I went into my users and found all my documents and photos in another user folder. So I clicked/dragged...
  9. Desktop files missing.... But they're not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop files missing.... But they're not?: [IMG] I press OK, and then attempt to sign up in the same account, again - this time the error doesn't appear again, oddly, but it's replaced by this - https://youtu.be/xlT4YkhfUjs No desktop icons except the Recycle Bin, the fonts are odd and the mouse cursor is that of...
  10. Thoughts about system file corruption?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thoughts about system file corruption?: Since joining this forum several months ago I've noticed many instances where SFC is needed to repair system files including my own. I am curious to see a discussion about what may cause these issues. Please weigh in with your opinions/experiences/thoughts. 30032