Windows 10: I too have the problem of system ignoring settings when I turn off requirement for...

Discus and support I too have the problem of system ignoring settings when I turn off requirement for... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So many people have noticed this --there's a whole long thread about it--that I feel it should be addressed by Microsoft. Someone named Sahil (with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by johnshirley3, Dec 8, 2018.

1. I too have the problem of system ignoring settings when I turn off requirement for...

So many people have noticed this --there's a whole long thread about it--that I feel it should be addressed by Microsoft. Someone named Sahil (with Microsoft?) offered a solution that indicated he had not understood the question. So perhaps someone could have another go. There was a commenter who said he'd fixed it by doing or going to an "inside build". I have no idea what that is, or how to access it...

:)

johnshirley3, Dec 8, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 ignoring the "require sign-in" setting

Hello,

after installing Windows 10 on my tablet, i have noticed that windows asks me for my account-password (or PIN) every time I want to unlock or wake the device. Sadly, windows ignores all settings to not require a password on wake such as:

- require sign-in setting in Accounts -> Sign-In options (set to "Never", but also ignores every other setting)

- Require Password on wake-up in Power Options -> Edit plan Settings -> Advanced settings (set to "no" for both battery and plugged in)

- Password protection on wake-up in Power-Options -> System settings (set to "Don't require a password")

- netplwiz (unchecking the box disables the sign-in after booting, after that, windows still wants a password on wake)

Any information regarding settings i might have missed would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dom

DominicKunze, Dec 8, 2018
  4. gmopro Win User

I too have the problem of system ignoring settings when I turn off requirement for...

Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

I too have the problem of system ignoring settings when I turn off requirement for...

1. I too have the problem of system ignoring settings when I turn off requirement for... - Similar Threads - too problem system

2. Core Isolation ignore that I turned it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core Isolation ignore that I turned it on: Hi,I turned on the Core Isolation, the page tell me that it is off and ask for a reboot, but after the restart the problem is the same: it is switched on but result off and ask for a reboot. I have no drivers installed but that Windows Update installed for me.Help.Ty....
  3. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  4. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  5. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. When I turn off TabletInputService my IME is turned off too

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I turn off TabletInputService my IME is turned off too: This bothers me for a while now, and I still can't find a solution.I use my laptop for work, and the ERP my company use crashes very often due to TabletInpuService. which I dont know why. My colleague told me to turn off TabletInpuService and taught me to turn it off in...
  7. when ever i turn this setting on it just turns back off when i close the window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when ever i turn this setting on it just turns back off when i close the window: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plsdntcri [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpk0p5/when_ever_i_turn_this_setting_on_it_just_turns/
  8. If i turn off Bitlocker on a non-system drive, will it require the password? (otherwise...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If i turn off Bitlocker on a non-system drive, will it require the password? (otherwise...: I just encrypted a non-system hard drive (D drive) in my PC using Bitlocker. That drive is now protected by a password and i also got the recovery key saved somewhere. If i decide to decrypt the D drive, will i need to enter the password? Because if it's not needed, then it...
  9. System turning off when I remove charger

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System turning off when I remove charger: Recently I have bought Asus Rog Laptop Windows 10 64 bit Recently I did some system updates From then my laptop is turning off whenever I am removing the charger And I am able switch on only when charger connected Literally I am unable use laptop without charger Can...
  10. Settings > System turns off by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings > System turns off by itself: When I select my Settings > System. The page turns off after about 30 seconds which is very frustrating. Can this be easily rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-system-turns-off-by-itself/30821cd2-71ab-4ead-83a9-932e25ca4c8b