Windows 10: I tried and failed, your my long lost hope

Discus and support I tried and failed, your my long lost hope in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, here's the situation. Currently trying to download samsung flow, and the only download is through the Microsoft store/appx downloads. The issue I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jammcc8284, Mar 4, 2020.

1. I tried and failed, your my long lost hope

So, here's the situation. Currently trying to download samsung flow, and the only download is through the Microsoft store/appx downloads. The issue I'm having is, I'd like the program to be on my WD hard drive with the rest of my programs, so I can use them on multiple computers/work comp (non admin/Microsoft store is blocked.) I can move the program to the WD drive, though I get denied everytime I try to access it, even after adding permissions. Is there a workaround to have access to the folders? Even installing to the drive, and moving to another pc I still have no access.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/jammcc8284
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jammcc8284, Mar 4, 2020
  2. BUG
    bug Win User

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Mar 4, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

I tried and failed, your my long lost hope

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I tried and failed, your my long lost hope :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

I tried and failed, your my long lost hope

1. I tried and failed, your my long lost hope - Similar Threads - tried failed long

2. I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...: Whenever a action on my Lenovo Windows 10 that need Administrative Priviledge the box that that pops up on the screen asked like it always has and you have to click on the YES r NO boxz, but in my case there is no YES box and the sytem is told NO and we move on and watch for...
  3. I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...: Whenever a action on my Lenovo Windows 10 that need Administrative Priviledge the box that that pops up on the screen asked like it always has and you have to click on the YES r NO boxz, but in my case there is no YES box and the sytem is told NO and we move on and watch for...
  4. I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why?: I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-laptop-and-i-try-lock-it-through-find-my/93c0776a-af12-47f7-a591-d7b1615de7dd
  6. I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why?: I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-laptop-and-i-try-lock-it-through-find-my/93c0776a-af12-47f7-a591-d7b1615de7dd
  7. I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Long lost photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long lost photos: Hi, This is a long shot as I suspect the pictures are permanently gone and I have no idea which if any section of this forum I should ask on but to explain. I have an old blog on blogspot and am trying to find some of the photos I posted on it many years ago. The photos...
  9. I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I have a question, that may be impossible. But, would sure be nice. I accidentally copied files, over the same files. So now, every file has a copy, listed right next to it. Is their anyway, using a command or whatever? To delete, every...
  10. I lost hope in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I lost hope in Windows 10: well guys I try very hard to love Windows 10 since the day it was released but has a gamer and pc builder I cannot ignore to how bad windows 10 it is I just finish a test of different windows 10 builds and sadly the 1709 build is by far better of the 1803-1809 and even...