Windows 10: I tried changing user folder name and now I cant pass the password home screen. It asks for...

Discus and support I tried changing user folder name and now I cant pass the password home screen. It asks for... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried safe mode. It didnt work. I tried every option in the TRoubleshoot menu and I couldnt reverse anything. So I changed my user's folder name... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DogukanOlgun, Jul 2, 2020.

1. I tried changing user folder name and now I cant pass the password home screen. It asks for...

I tried safe mode. It didnt work. I tried every option in the TRoubleshoot menu and I couldnt reverse anything.

So I changed my user's folder name from here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/ProfileList

Now I cant log in back. Even if I know my password. Cant reset and keep the files. no option

I tried getting into the CMD from the troubleshoot menu to change back the HKEY but the ProfileLists are different

they are like this

5/7/18

5/7/19

5/7/20

instead of

5/7/18-938201934082-43059024-2140350912

5/7/19-45398024-91385904-41853904

5/7/20-43957214859-213589401-24985912

when i first changed them when I had access to my computer

What to do?

:)

DogukanOlgun, Jul 2, 2020

2. How do I change my user name (Home Edition)?

Actually, just tried it - I see I have to boot into Safe Mode to be able to change the user name? I may have managed that, but now instead of getting a screen asking for my PIN, I get my full name and a box for a password. I have no idea what password it is asking for. Nothing I try works. I am sure I only entered a PIN at the setup stage today... I haven't been able to get past this screen. :-(

martinlest, Jul 2, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

4. I tried changing user folder name and now I cant pass the password home screen. It asks for...

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

I tried changing user folder name and now I cant pass the password home screen. It asks for...

1. I tried changing user folder name and now I cant pass the password home screen. It asks for... - Similar Threads - tried changing user

2. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  3. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  4. Can I change name of user folder,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change name of user folder,: When I installed windows I didn't want to create a microsoft account so instead I made one with my phone number, my User flmder is now just a bunch of numbers, I changed my username, that didn't change the folders name tho, can it be changed? submitted by /u/BLiIxy [link]...
  5. How do I change the folder with the name of the user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the folder with the name of the user: Hiya my computer was set up by my ex and it has there name on it and it’s really upsetting seeing it whenever something is downloaded , is there any way I can change it to my name. Thanks submitted by /u/hayley_owo [link] [comments]...
  6. I changed my user folder name

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed my user folder name: I thought I hadn't changed any important file names but when I try to open my explorer folder i get "no mapping between account names and security ids" I was trying a method that included typing "RSOP.msc " into the run but then it said "windows cannot find rsop.msc...
  7. I cant change the name user folder name of my administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cant change the name user folder name of my administrator account: So, im using the windows administrator account without problems, but it seems like windows has changed the name of its folder to something that i dont want. I want to change it back again, but the button to change its name is missing. I have also tried right clicking on it...
  8. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  9. Macrium Ask for User Name and Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Ask for User Name and Password: For whatever reason, Macrium free was corrupted and I had to totally uninstall and reinstall. I did a new backup and did a scheduled future backups. However it won't allow scheduled task unless I put in a user name and password. Never had this request before. Not sure what...
  10. I change the folder name and now I can't open it

in Windows 10 Support
    I change the folder name and now I can't open it: Hi Everyone, I change the name of one folder, from this moment I can't open the folder. I reciver the announcement with the path and that "the folder is not accessible. Access is denided." If i clik right click > properties, I see 0 bytes inside, but I know that there are a...