Windows 10: I tried deleting Edge, but it’s still somehow downloading it upon reboot. Make this madness...

Discus and support I tried deleting Edge, but it’s still somehow downloading it upon reboot. Make this madness... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ILovePrezels [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ILovePrezels, Jun 13, 2020.

1. I tried deleting Edge, but it’s still somehow downloading it upon reboot. Make this madness...

/u/ILovePrezels, Jun 13, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 13, 2020
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 13, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

I tried deleting Edge, but it’s still somehow downloading it upon reboot. Make this madness...

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

I tried deleting Edge, but it’s still somehow downloading it upon reboot. Make this madness...

1. I tried deleting Edge, but it’s still somehow downloading it upon reboot. Make this madness... - Similar Threads - tried deleting Edge

2. Win10 bootloop making me mad & sad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 bootloop making me mad & sad: Feel like an idiot for buying such an expensive laptop Surface book 2 15' fully spec'd and not being able to use it properly. Situation: -Tried to factory reset - now stuck in boot loop; - shows windows logo then logo and 'Preparing' with spinning circle - 'The computer...
  3. ive created a folder (named test) in the downloads directory and for somehow, i cant delete...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ive created a folder (named test) in the downloads directory and for somehow, i cant delete...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3ukeq5d546t51.png?width=446&format=png&auto=webp&s=d074d5115c5ec1b2ac717acb66da2b41444c6d85 submitted by /u/Sebastian294 [link] [comments]...
  4. I tried to install win10 on older NTB and it's somehow still password locked?

I tried to install win10 on older NTB and it's somehow still password locked?: Friend gave me his old sony Vaio ntb (from 2008) with Vista professional ultimate on it. Unfortunately he couldn't remember the password. I tried few things to recover that password or change it, but without any success. Then I created win10 boot USB and installed win10...
  5. I just tried to activate the system wide darkmode but somehow I still have this white bar...

I just tried to activate the system wide darkmode but somehow I still have this white bar...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/itsdarealtoni [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvqdun/i_just_tried_to_activate_the_system_wide_darkmode/
  6. Anything I try to download gets auto deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anything I try to download gets auto deleted: PLEASE HELP ME ! ive had this problem when i first logged on my pc i have disabled every antivirus program plus windows defender i have no extra plugins on google chrome EVERYTHING is turned off. Whenever i try download literally anything thats not malicious it auto deletes...
  7. Windows deleting all files I try to download?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows deleting all files I try to download?: I have a new dell inspiron 15 with windows 10 installed. I have noticed that every time I try to download a file, whether it is a web form, a photo or an email attachment I get a message popping up from (pre installed) McAfee saying that it contained a virus and has been...
  8. Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot: Why does my edge browser show my previous browsing history upon rebooting my pc. Whatever tabs I had open, open again on reboot.How do I prevent this, quite annoying and definitely not safe.Thanks 120833
  9. Broken partition table but somehow it's still working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken partition table but somehow it's still working: Hi guys I was using the diskpart command to clean some linux partitions from a USB drive and somehow it seems that the partitions copied to my laptop hard drive. *Confused My original SSD setup was roughly: C: 80GB D: 420GB Now you can see the crazy setup I'm left...
  10. USB Device not recognized notice MAKE me MAD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device not recognized notice MAKE me MAD: Just upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 --all working well except continually get message " USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ,the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it " I have gone into Device manager and see the yellow...