Windows 10: I tried logging in my pc today, it shows this screen and that "sign in" button. When i...

Discus and support I tried logging in my pc today, it shows this screen and that "sign in" button. When i... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Blockie_Builder [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blockie_Builder, Dec 2, 2020.

1. I tried logging in my pc today, it shows this screen and that "sign in" button. When i...

/u/Blockie_Builder, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative I tried logging in my pc today, it shows this screen and that "sign in" button. When i... :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Dec 2, 2020
  3. fdm2000 Win User
    Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

I tried logging in my pc today, it shows this screen and that "sign in" button. When i...

Why no "Log Off" button offered on Windows 10?

Hello Dan,

Regarding your concern, the log off button was replaced by
    sign off
    in Windows 10. To sign out, just follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows or Start button on the lower left.
    • Hover your cursor to Shut down or Sign out to show 4 options in the drop down (Sign out, Sleep, Shut down, Restart.)
    • Choose Sign out.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

I tried logging in my pc today, it shows this screen and that "sign in" button. When i...

1. I tried logging in my pc today, it shows this screen and that "sign in" button. When i... - Similar Threads - tried logging today

2. I turned on my pc today and when I tried to sign in properly and I was shown 'You'll need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned on my pc today and when I tried to sign in properly and I was shown 'You'll need...: I turned on my pc and I was signed out so I tried to sign in through settings and it said you'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turned-on-my-pc-today-and-when-i-tried-to-sign/3aedf0f5-2c8e-4969-beb2-40739efc5870
  3. I turned on my pc today and when I tried to sign in properly and I was shown 'You'll need...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned on my pc today and when I tried to sign in properly and I was shown 'You'll need...: I turned on my pc and I was signed out so I tried to sign in through settings and it said you'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turned-on-my-pc-today-and-when-i-tried-to-sign/3aedf0f5-2c8e-4969-beb2-40739efc5870
  4. I turned on my pc today and when I tried to sign in properly and I was shown 'You'll need...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Xbox PC App Flashes White Screen When I Try to Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox PC App Flashes White Screen When I Try to Sign In: The Xbox App on PC will not give me a sign-in dialogue box. Every time I click "Sign-in" a white box flashes for a millisecond and disappears. I am signed in to my Microsoft account. The Microsoft Store app and console companion app work fine. My PC is fully up to date as...
  6. Incorrect Username Appeared Today When I Logged In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect Username Appeared Today When I Logged In: went to login to my windows 10 laptop this morning and the wrong username has appeared. I set up a windows 10 installation for a friend a few months ago and randomly their name has appeared when Ive gone to sign in along with their profile icon. I have still logged in with...
  7. Hello there people. I have this screen when I want to log in and if I toch a button my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello there people. I have this screen when I want to log in and if I toch a button my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/danielvdl88 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jx83m9/hello_there_people_i_have_this_screen_when_i_want/
  8. Whenever I try to log into the Xbox app it just shows that. When I click the top Sign In,...

Whenever I try to log into the Xbox app it just shows that. When I click the top Sign In,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GhostInfernoX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiolkx/whenever_i_try_to_log_into_the_xbox_app_it_just/
  9. Pc stuck on welcome screen when i try to log in

Pc stuck on welcome screen when i try to log in: I’ve already tried the startup fix and even restoring my files from a couple days ago (when it still worked) Is there any fix other than reinstalling windows? It wont be too bad i dont have anything very important, it would just take a super long time to redownload everything...
  10. As of today I cant log in to my w10 desktop pc.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    As of today I cant log in to my w10 desktop pc.: As of today I can't log in to my w10 desktop pc. The login password is not the same as the hotmail account. Message given is "user profile service failed the sign in used profile cannot be loaded". I am using the onscreen keyboard. There is only one user set up for this...