Windows 10: i tried to activate windows but it installed the wrong version

Discus and support i tried to activate windows but it installed the wrong version in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i was trying to activate windows so i put in my win 11 pro product key and it started the upgrade and installed windows ENTERPRICE i did not put a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Cariaso, Aug 19, 2022.

1. i tried to activate windows but it installed the wrong version

i was trying to activate windows so i put in my win 11 pro product key and it started the upgrade and installed windows ENTERPRICE i did not put a enterprise key in there and i can't afford one please help

:)

Michael Cariaso, Aug 19, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 19, 2022
  4. i tried to activate windows but it installed the wrong version

Unable to activate Windows after re-installing

So it turns out I installed the wrong version, when initially installing I had the option to skip past entering a product key if I was reinstalling....this gave me a list of versions I wanted to install, so I installed Windows 10 N...this didn't automatically activate, and didn't accept my key when I tried to activate it manually.

Turns out, 10 Pro and 10 Pro N have different product keys.

So steps I took:

Re-install again.

Entered my product key (ignoring the "Skip this step" message)

Installer automatically detected I had a Windows 10 key and installed that version.

Everything is now honkey-dorey...Just need to reinstall everything for the 2nd time this week *sigh*

Would have been nice if entering the key manually on an 10 Pro N install actually told me the key was wrong for that product....

Rich987697, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

i tried to activate windows but it installed the wrong version

1. i tried to activate windows but it installed the wrong version - Similar Threads - tried activate installed

2. Wrong version activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong version activated: I recently got a new laptop and I currently have Windows 11 Home activated with a digital licence on my Microsoft accaunt. I am pretty sure that, on my previous desktop computer, I used to have a Windows 10 pro that was activated with a digital licence on my same Microsoft...
  3. Wrong version activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong version activated: I recently got a new laptop and I currently have Windows 11 Home activated with a digital licence on my Microsoft accaunt. I am pretty sure that, on my previous desktop computer, I used to have a Windows 10 pro that was activated with a digital licence on my same Microsoft...
  4. i tried to activate windows but it installed the wrong version

i tried to activate windows but it installed the wrong version: i was trying to activate windows so i put in my win 11 pro product key and it started the upgrade and installed windows ENTERPRICE i did not put a enterprise key in there and i can't afford one please help...
  5. Windows 11 Activate with wrong version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activate with wrong version: Hi all,I am using Asus vivobook laptop which meets Windows 11 requirements. Earlier I used my laptop with "Windows 10 Pro" version with activation status as "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". Now recently I installed Windows...
  6. Windows 11 Activate with wrong version

Windows 11 Activate with wrong version: Hi all,I am using Asus vivobook laptop which meets Windows 11 requirements. Earlier I used my laptop with "Windows 10 Pro" version with activation status as "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". Now recently I installed Windows...
  7. Windows 10 activation, wrong version downloaded

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation, wrong version downloaded: New Dell XPS13 2in1 came with Windows 10 Home installed. I used the Upgrade Your Edition link in Setting/System/About to install Windows 10 Pro. Link took me to Microsoft Store and charged me, as expected, for upgrade. Wheels spun for a bit and I restarted. Now I see Windows...
  8. Installed the wrong version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed the wrong version of Windows 10: I've recently built myself a new PC and upon installing what should have been Windows 10 Home, have installed the Education version of Windows instead. I was wondering if the was any way in which I could uninstall my current version of windows, and then reinstall the correct...
  9. wrong version downloaded can not activate

wrong version downloaded can not activate: I am very unhappy with the support I did not receive. I purchase an upgrade to windows 10 pro and received Windows 10 enterprise, through no fault of my own. I did not receive a product key with my order and my computer is no ACTIVATED. After 2 support |conversation and...
  10. Wrong windows version installed

Wrong windows version installed: A friend was recently helping me with PC issues but in the end we had to reinstall windows. Unfortunately he messed up and installed a trial version of the wrong edition of windows using the wrong installation media. This only came to light after I got messages about the...