Windows 10: I tried to cure a virus using microsoft media creation tool --but it didn't replace my apps...

Discus and support I tried to cure a virus using microsoft media creation tool --but it didn't replace my apps... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two computers: an infected computer and a clean computer. I created a USB containing Microsoft Media Creation Tool with the clean computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gaston leblanc, Feb 2, 2020.

1. I tried to cure a virus using microsoft media creation tool --but it didn't replace my apps...

I have two computers: an infected computer and a clean computer. I created a USB containing Microsoft Media Creation Tool with the clean computer. I started up the infected computer, signed into Windows, and then put in the USB in a USB port. I looked at the USB in file explorer and found it had a 'setup.exe' file, so I double clicked on that, and it reinstalled windows on my infected PC. But it kept all apps and data. I don't think that is adequate to get rid of the virus, - for instance, maybe the virus is masquerading as a legitimate app. Did I do something wrong - maybe I should have booted off this USB in the infected computer and it would give me more options? If so, how would I do that?

:)

gaston leblanc, Feb 2, 2020

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Media Creation Tool is NOT working

Hi,

There are several reasons why you're getting this issue on downloading Windows 10 using the
    Media Creation Tool. The most common are the network connection or the anti-virus firewall is enabled on your device.

To resolve this, we suggest that you manually update the operating system instead of using the Media Creation Tool. Click on this
    link for the steps on how to update
    Windows.

Eileen Gal, Feb 2, 2020
  4. I tried to cure a virus using microsoft media creation tool --but it didn't replace my apps...

Media Creation Tool question

Thanks Cerberus but Ive no problem downloading the Iso with the media creation tool. I don't think its the ISO that is the problem' I think the problem is when the Media Creation Tool is creating the bootable USB flash drive. So I think I can use the Media Creation Tool for that part...and as you say try something like Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive

I still have this question though "The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?"

I was curious to see if others had encountered the issue I had with the Media Creation Tool. Ive never had a problem using it before

sportsfan148, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

I tried to cure a virus using microsoft media creation tool --but it didn't replace my apps...

1. I tried to cure a virus using microsoft media creation tool --but it didn't replace my apps... - Similar Threads - tried cure virus

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Reseting my Laptop using Media Creation Tool

Reseting my Laptop using Media Creation Tool: I want to reinstall Windows 10 in my laptop and delete everything but the media creation tool itself automatically chooses keep personal files and apps and i don’t get to choose if i want to delete everything....
  5. problem using media creation tool

problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  6. Will i lose my apps and data with media creation tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will i lose my apps and data with media creation tool?: Hi guys, so I got a BSOD and can't turn on my PC at all, tried every troubleshooting step I found but nothing helped, so if I use the Windows Media Creation tool to install Windows 10 to a USB drive and then insert it into my broken PC will I get the option to choose to keep...
  7. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  8. Microsoft Media Creation Tool error

Microsoft Media Creation Tool error: I am trying to use the Media Creation Tool to put a new windows onto a USB. I reformatted the USB before doing so, but it didn't work. The error message said: 0x9031004A - 0xA001B. How can I get it to work?...
  9. Problem with Microsoft Media Creation Tool

Problem with Microsoft Media Creation Tool: Is there something wrong with Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool? Thrice I have tried to download the Windows 10 ISO, and each time, after almost 18 hours had elapsed and the progress of the download had neared completion, the following message kept popping up: There was a...
  10. trying to update by media creation tool

trying to update by media creation tool: trying to update by media creation tool downloaded ok and created iso dvd. on running i cannot keep personal files and apps it says you cannot keep windows setting, personal files and apps because you have chosen to install windows 10 using a different language to the one...