Windows 10: I tried to do a system restore, but during the beginning of the recovery it said G is...

Discus and support I tried to do a system restore, but during the beginning of the recovery it said G is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to do a system restore, but during the beginning of the recovery it said G is preventing it, what is G is it go to assist or an app? how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Susan.Hout, Dec 24, 2019.

1. I tried to do a system restore, but during the beginning of the recovery it said G is...

I tried to do a system restore, but during the beginning of the recovery it said G is preventing it, what is G is it go to assist or an app? how do I get it to stop interefering with the recovery

:)

Susan.Hout, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Dec 24, 2019
  4. I tried to do a system restore, but during the beginning of the recovery it said G is...

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

I tried to do a system restore, but during the beginning of the recovery it said G is...

1. I tried to do a system restore, but during the beginning of the recovery it said G is... - Similar Threads - tried system restore

2. Trying to do a system restore. Have recovery key but keyboard is not working. It was not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to do a system restore. Have recovery key but keyboard is not working. It was not...: I had a problem with keyboard not working on my laptop. Tried to do a system restore. Inadvertently pressed return and restore stopped. Got to a point of advanced options in recovery. Have my recovery key but cannot enter it on the screen as keyboard not working....
  3. Trying to do a system restore. Have recovery key but keyboard is not working. It was not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to do a system restore. Have recovery key but keyboard is not working. It was not...: I had a problem with keyboard not working on my laptop. Tried to do a system restore. Inadvertently pressed return and restore stopped. Got to a point of advanced options in recovery. Have my recovery key but cannot enter it on the screen as keyboard not working....
  4. My PC bluescreens when I try to do system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC bluescreens when I try to do system restore: The error code is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I tried to restore my computer to a week ago because I think I might have malware on it, because the performance dropped significantly. Even if there isn't malware on it, I just want to restore it to an earlier point in...
  5. recovery key for system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery key for system restore: recovery key ID: 6302967C-FEEB-4E50-8E70-00D740F4BB1A drive label: DESKTOP-LSFA8AM WINDOWS 4/6/2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-for-system-restore/83baaa1d-5ea4-4c06-a52a-b76ffa654585
  6. Requesting a solution during System restore

Requesting a solution during System restore: A few hours ago i started my laptop to restore to a point because of a problem which is to restore to a point that is 2 days ago automatic, in these 2 days i got 4 windows updates. Now I am waiting for exactly 1 3/4 hours. The screen shows System is restoring the registry for...
  7. Restarted during system restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarted during system restore point: i was doing system restore point but the power went off and i thing windows is corrupt i can’t go in safe mode but i can go to advanced option and stuff i iv’e tried everything in the advanced options and many command prompt command is there a way to recover the image...
  8. PC got a virus, should I do a System Restore or a System Image recovery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC got a virus, should I do a System Restore or a System Image recovery?: These are the 2 options I have, which is the best way to go from here if you had a virus on your windows? submitted by /u/dylan0o7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1rl8p/pc_got_a_virus_should_i_do_a_system_restore_or_a/
  9. Black screen during system recovery

Black screen during system recovery: I tried doing a system recovery this mornin on my hp omen15-ax250wm after the necessary prepartions i pressed continue to progrees with the recovery the sytem switched of and it has been on a black scrren since then, i switced it in and off it still goes back to the black...
  10. Where Do I Begin???

in Windows 10 Support
    Where Do I Begin???: Hi Everyone, I'm Amy. I'm new to this forum and Completely New to Windows 10. I've been reading through a lot of the threads and tutorials posted on this site. To be honest I have absolutely no idea where to begin. If someone could just point me in the right direction I would...