Windows 10: I tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice - Blinking desktop screen both times

Discus and support I tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice - Blinking desktop screen both times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the subject line says, I've tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice. The first time was on Wednesday, June 12. I downloaded the update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wingsoftomorrow83, Jun 17, 2019.

1. I tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice - Blinking desktop screen both times

As the subject line says, I've tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice. The first time was on Wednesday, June 12. I downloaded the update, then rebooted to install the update, then had to wait for about 10 minutes on a "Preparing Windows" screen and then ended up with a non-stop blinking desktop screen. I rolled back to the previous version of Windows 10 and decided to try again a while later. I thought the blinking might have ocurred because I hadn't updated my graphic driver, so I made sure to update it before my second try.

The second try was today, June 17. Same thing happened as on Wednesday:

Download version 1903.

Reboot to install version 1903.

Wait for about 10 minutes on "Preparing Windows" screen.

Non-stop blinking desktop screen.

Rolled back to previous version.

Could anyone please help me solve this problem?

Some stats:

Computer: HP Pavilion 550-300no

Processor: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Computer Cores 4c+6G 3.10 GHz
    Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (14.9 GB available for use)
    System Type: 64-bit operativ system, x64-based processor.

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M320
    AMD Radeon R7 Graphics + (TM) R5 Dual Graphics
    Graphic Driver version: 19.5.2

Best regards.

:)

wingsoftomorrow83, Jun 17, 2019

2. desktop screen blinks

Hi Chanda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with blinking screen after upgrade to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the screen flashes?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article by Andre Da Costa and check if you are able to access after log-in.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

Refer to the section: Blinking or Flashing desktop after log in

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 17, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    GPUZ blinking screen

Genuine windows? All windows updates installed? Driver version?

P4-630, Jun 17, 2019
  4. I tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice - Blinking desktop screen both times

Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

installation of update to Windows 10 version 1903 failed twice.

MariaBlok Davies, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

I tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice - Blinking desktop screen both times

1. I tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice - Blinking desktop screen both times - Similar Threads - tried install version

2. Attempted to download Windows 10 twice. Failed both times. Currently using Windows 7. If I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempted to download Windows 10 twice. Failed both times. Currently using Windows 7. If I...: Tried to load Windows 10. Download failed twice. Currently using Windows 7. How can I fix this or contact Microsoft for a refund. No error message....
  3. Attempted to download Windows 10 twice. Failed both times. Currently using Windows 7. If I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempted to download Windows 10 twice. Failed both times. Currently using Windows 7. If I...: Tried to load Windows 10. Download failed twice. Currently using Windows 7. How can I fix this or contact Microsoft for a refund. No error message....
  4. I am trying to update Windows 10 to version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to update Windows 10 to version 1903: I am trying to update Windows 10 to version 1903 and I got multiple error messages. I ran the Troubleshooter and the only problem that came up was "Potential Windows Update Database error detected." How do I go about upgrading my Windows to 1903?...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Blinking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Desktop Blinking: Edit: It's blinking not flickering! Sorry for my poor vocab. Hi I'm having this problem that at random times, some part of the screen just blinks into black and back to normal. It's happening to random parts of the screen, usually vertically slices of the screen, and it's...
  6. Problem trying to install version 1903 of windows 10

Problem trying to install version 1903 of windows 10: I have tried multiple times to download and install version 1903 of Windows 10 and I get the same result everytime. The install stops at the same point every time and says, "Must upgrade or uninstall AVG virus program". I have uninstalled this program and I keep getting...
  7. Windows 10 update version 1903. I have tried four times to complete the upgrade but...

Windows 10 update version 1903. I have tried four times to complete the upgrade but...: I am trying to complete the latest Windows 10 update version1903. Unfortunately I have not been able to complete this on several occasions as a failed message comes up. It state this is due to ERROR Oxc190011. Can anybody help me please to complete the upgrade?...
  8. Remote Desktop is slower with Windows 10 version 1903

Remote Desktop is slower with Windows 10 version 1903: Hello, I’ve been working recently on my computer remotely and everything was fine until the update 1903 was installed on the computer I’m working on. Then RDP became much slower and the mouse reaction was not ok. The IT technician has tried everything but it didn’t work...
  9. Boot time problem in windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot time problem in windows 10 version 1903: Hey guys I am facing a hectic problem while I start my laptop after updating to 1903 I experienced that boot time for my laptop on 1809 was best becuz my as I enter my pin within no moment my windows start but after update to 1903 it takes about 1 minute to open showing me...
  10. Windows 10 version 1903 Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 version 1903 Welcome screen: Having converted to Win 10 version 1903 the background picture is now out of focus. My personal photo is still sharp. Suggestions to correct this - lock screen does not seem to provide a solution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it best to restart computer immediately after windows 10 version 1903 installed

2. windows 10 1903 lock screen blinks

3. can you reinstall win 10 1903 twice on the same computer

4. windows 1903 is installing twice