Windows 10: I tried to install win10 on older NTB and it's somehow still password locked?

Discus and support I tried to install win10 on older NTB and it's somehow still password locked? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Friend gave me his old sony Vaio ntb (from 2008) with Vista professional ultimate on it. Unfortunately he couldn't remember the password. I tried few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/raton22, Jun 11, 2020.

1. I tried to install win10 on older NTB and it's somehow still password locked?

Friend gave me his old sony Vaio ntb (from 2008) with Vista professional ultimate on it. Unfortunately he couldn't remember the password.

I tried few things to recover that password or change it, but without any success.

Then I created win10 boot USB and installed win10 there, but during initial setup it always crashes in "set your password" phase. This is followed by few restarts and BSOD. Then it boots up into recovery mode, but I'm unable to do anything (access cmd for example) without password for "defaultuser0" (I tried leaving it blank and few basic passwords, but without any success)

I formated hdd several times, but that doesn't solve it.

Any help welcomed (if this is not right sub for that, just redirect me to better one thanks)

submitted by /u/raton22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/raton22, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Shoshi Win User

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Jacee Win User
    Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">

Jacee, Jun 11, 2020
  4. I tried to install win10 on older NTB and it's somehow still password locked?

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

I tried to install win10 on older NTB and it's somehow still password locked?

1. I tried to install win10 on older NTB and it's somehow still password locked? - Similar Threads - tried install win10

2. I somehow forgot my computer password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I somehow forgot my computer password: Hi, i made a new password for my computer yesterday, but when i types in my password earlier this morning, it didn't work. I have tried all sorts of variations, but still didn't work. I tried to restore my pc, but i need the bitlocker key in order to do so. I couldn't find...
  3. I somehow forgot my computer password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I somehow forgot my computer password: Hi, i made a new password for my computer yesterday, but when i types in my password earlier this morning, it didn't work. I have tried all sorts of variations, but still didn't work. I tried to restore my pc, but i need the bitlocker key in order to do so. I couldn't find...
  4. I somehow forgot my computer password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I somehow forgot this password, is there anyway to reset it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I somehow forgot this password, is there anyway to reset it?: [ATTACH] I sign out and then try to sign in again because I changed a few setting but then this show up, I can't recall the password for this, is there anyway to reset the password?...
  6. Older Win10 iso

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Older Win10 iso: Long story short, I dual boot Linux and windows and my windows install got messed up. No biggie, I go to do a clean install and realize I can't find my Win10 USB. So I find an iso, put it on a USB, and and try installing. However, I keep getting several different BSOD errors,...
  7. I tried deleting Edge, but it’s still somehow downloading it upon reboot. Make this madness...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I tried deleting Edge, but it’s still somehow downloading it upon reboot. Make this madness...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ILovePrezels [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8ab7f/i_tried_deleting_edge_but_its_still_somehow/
  8. Cannot Install Win10 on older system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Install Win10 on older system: So I have an older system that has a BIOS and not a UEFI. The mobo is an Asus P6T Deluxe v2 with an I7 920. Read at some places that they got Win10 installed on this board, but no clear guide on how they did it or if they ran in to any issues during install. Currently it has...
  9. Password to an older computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password to an older computer: I have a desktop I would like to use that is about 5 years old, originally used windows 7 but then upgraded to windows 10 two years ago. I have not used it in two years. When I hooked it up, it connected to the internet but needs a password to gain access to the operating...
  10. Somehow Win10 Didn't Install, I Guess.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow Win10 Didn't Install, I Guess.: Just now I went through the Win8.1 to Win10 upgrade dance. It took about 40 minutes. I was watching when it reached about 98% complete and went into another reboot. When it finished and returned to my desktop I checked Windows properties and it still says 8.1 -- no messages,...