Windows 10: I tried to rebuild the icon cache

Discus and support I tried to rebuild the icon cache in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever. Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea: [img] [img] [img] [img] 136373 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emilio911, Jul 10, 2019.

1. emilio911 Win User

I tried to rebuild the icon cache

I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever.

Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea:

I tried to rebuild the icon cache [​IMG]

:)

emilio911, Jul 10, 2019
  2. hachiroku Win User

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10  

Hello, this method does not seem to work for the displayed icons on the Start Menu programs list, I've tried several times and it stills shows old icons, I think these icons are cached in another way, do you perchance know how to refresh them?

Talking about these:

Thanks in advance!!

hachiroku, Jul 10, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Safe way to rebuild icon cache in windows 8.1?

Hi people, I've noticed the Task Scheduler icon on my desktop is "low quality"

I tried to rebuild the icon cache shortcut-task-scheduler-jpg.jpg

Now I found this on the internet: Rebuild the Icon cache in Windows 8/7

How to purge and rebuild the icon cache I would have to go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local folder and delete the hidden IconCache.db file.

Is this safe to do this?
    I don't want to mess up my system.

Anyone tried this before on windows 8.1?

Thanks!

P4-630, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10  

I have the same issue:

I've been force deleting the stubborn files on boot but I just figured out what the problem is for me.

Find handles:

Files are locked by a start menu replacement. Exiting the program allows the script to run without issues.

Callender, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. I tried to rebuild the icon cache - Similar Threads - tried rebuild icon

2. Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.: I have done multiple times of these below and it still cannot fix them.- Delete Thumbnail and Icon Cache and Rebuild them = still blurry- DDU Nvidia Driver and install multiple version = no change- Used onboard Intel Graphic and dedicated ASUS RTX 2060 EVO = same too, also on...
  3. Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.: I have done multiple times of these below and it still cannot fix them.- Delete Thumbnail and Icon Cache and Rebuild them = still blurry- DDU Nvidia Driver and install multiple version = no change- Used onboard Intel Graphic and dedicated ASUS RTX 2060 EVO = same too, also on...
  4. Rebuild Icon Cache no longer effective

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuild Icon Cache no longer effective: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.610. Shortly after that a number of icons on my desktop went blank. Properties displays still show correct icons. Tried running Rebuild_Icon_Cache batch file supplied in the tutorials but no success. Any ideas? 167685
  5. Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild: Hello, I have recently been experimenting with replacing the icons for the applications on my PC using a program called "Customizergod" and in this process seemed to have removed all the icons in my file explore, desktop, etc. I've tried many solutions such as rebuilding the...
  6. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  7. Thumbnail Cache Rebuilding Automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail Cache Rebuilding Automatically?: Hi. I have two SSDs in my laptop, one of which contains Windows and a few programs, and the other drive is Bitlocker encrypted and contains documents, pictures and games. I am noticing that just recently, my thumbnail cache has rebuilding itself quite frequently, often after...
  8. Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?: I was curious about the thumbnail cache and icon cache. Do these rebuild themselves after a feature update? I have a small issue with some icons. It so insignificant that I won’t bother manually rebuilding the icon cache but just wondered if a feature update forces something...
  9. Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 The font cache is a file or set of files used by Windows to manage and display the fonts that are installed on your PC. Sometimes the font cache may become corrupted and cause fonts to be...
  10. Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows 10 The icons that display for files in Windows are saved in an icon cache so they can be displayed quickly instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. The icon...