Windows 10: I tried to rebuild the icon cache

Discus and support I tried to rebuild the icon cache in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever. Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea: [img] [img] [img] [img] 136373 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emilio911, Jul 10, 2019.

1. emilio911 Win User

I tried to rebuild the icon cache

I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever.

Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea:

I tried to rebuild the icon cache [​IMG]

:)

emilio911, Jul 10, 2019
  2. hachiroku Win User

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10  

Hello, this method does not seem to work for the displayed icons on the Start Menu programs list, I've tried several times and it stills shows old icons, I think these icons are cached in another way, do you perchance know how to refresh them?

Talking about these:

Thanks in advance!!

hachiroku, Jul 10, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Safe way to rebuild icon cache in windows 8.1?

Hi people, I've noticed the Task Scheduler icon on my desktop is "low quality"

I tried to rebuild the icon cache shortcut-task-scheduler-jpg.jpg

Now I found this on the internet: Rebuild the Icon cache in Windows 8/7

How to purge and rebuild the icon cache I would have to go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local folder and delete the hidden IconCache.db file.

Is this safe to do this?
    I don't want to mess up my system.

Anyone tried this before on windows 8.1?

Thanks!

P4-630, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10  

I have the same issue:

I've been force deleting the stubborn files on boot but I just figured out what the problem is for me.

Find handles:

Files are locked by a start menu replacement. Exiting the program allows the script to run without issues.

Callender, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. I tried to rebuild the icon cache - Similar Threads - tried rebuild icon

2. Rebuilding Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuilding Icons: I notice that all of my shortcut icons have turned black. I'm wondering if rebuilding the icon cache will correct this. Also, if I do rebuild the icons will the rest of the icons keep their thumbnails-icons that came from various Internet sites and the thumbnails-icon images...
  3. How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot?: I've noticed that, since I have a lot of fonts, certain programs (such as iTunes, BabelPad, JDownloader 2, and wxMaxima) hang (or won't start) until the font cache is rebuilt, if they're started immediately after reboot/logon. How do I set it so the cache only rebuilds if the...
  4. Missing Icons and Thumbnails - Already tried deleting cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Icons and Thumbnails - Already tried deleting cache: I have 2 computers that I recently rebuilt for 2 of our employees, and everything was working fine. Recently, we noticed that icons for several applications are all coming up as blank pages. Furthermore, icons that acted as thumbnails for JPG and PNG files (as an example) are...
  5. To stop Font Cache rebuilding in VLC (subtitles)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To stop Font Cache rebuilding in VLC (subtitles): Hi there not particularly W10 specific but I know loads of people use VLC. If you are getting message please wait while font cache is re-built when you have / want subtitles then this method will disable this message and will speed up the process....
  6. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits: Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change...
  7. Icon Caching Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Caching Problem: Folks, I'm having an icon caching problem that I've not been able to solve. What precipitated this event was that I was trying to get Adobe Connect to work. From what I could tell Shockwave was having an argument with Windows 10. I've tried everything suggested on this...
  8. Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?: I was curious about the thumbnail cache and icon cache. Do these rebuild themselves after a feature update? I have a small issue with some icons. It so insignificant that I won’t bother manually rebuilding the icon cache but just wondered if a feature update forces something...
  9. Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10: Hi Shawn, In the %WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache folder, under normal operation there are 4 files: FontCache-S-1-5-18.dat ~FontCache-FontFace.dat ~FontCache-S-1-5-21-.....dat ~FontCache-System.dat Once you stop the service by running:...
  10. Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10: You're tutorial makes it much easier Shawn. I've been doing/recommending the long way(copy & pasted from my tips & tricks folder): To Rebuild icon cache follow the below mentioned steps 1. Open a File Explorer window. 2. At the top left click the view tab and...