Windows 10: I tried to reset my laptop and now it doesn't work

Discus and support I tried to reset my laptop and now it doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted a squeaky clean version of Win10 on my old HP Envy notebook so I backed everything up onto a removable hard drive, went to settings/update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Andy Kay, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Andy Kay Win User

I tried to reset my laptop and now it doesn't work

I wanted a squeaky clean version of Win10 on my old HP Envy notebook so I backed everything up onto a removable hard drive, went to settings/update and security/recovery/reset this PC, and set it on its way.

It seemed to be doing all the right stuff, but ended up in a loop like it was continually bringing up the HP logo, giving a brief flash of a message saying something like "may restart several times," going down again and repeating. I left it doing this for some considerable time in case it was part of the process but eventually had to do a hard reset. Now every time I turn it on it goes into the same mode.

I even tried inserting a memory stick with a Win10 ISO file on it in a USB socket and starting it up, but it just gets into the same loop.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

:)

Andy Kay, Feb 22, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

I tried to reset my laptop and now it doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 22, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

I tried to reset my laptop and now it doesn't work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Feb 22, 2021
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. I tried to reset my laptop and now it doesn't work - Similar Threads - tried reset laptop

2. Tried to reset my laptop it failed and now i cant log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to reset my laptop it failed and now i cant log in: About 2 days ago my laptop started crashing/freezing after 2 hours of use so today I decided maybe it was time for a hard reset. so that's what I tried to do. I went to settings on windows and I tried to do a reset everything went fine until it reached 74% after that it...
  3. Tried to reset my laptop it failed and now i cant log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to reset my laptop it failed and now i cant log in: About 2 days ago my laptop started crashing/freezing after 2 hours of use so today I decided maybe it was time for a hard reset. so that's what I tried to do. I went to settings on windows and I tried to do a reset everything went fine until it reached 74% after that it...
  4. I tried to reset my pc, it undid the changes and now it doesn't work..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to reset my pc, it undid the changes and now it doesn't work..: So i was having an issue with my network adapters at first tried a lot of things like a reset on network, uninstalling, reinstalling, none of that worked so i just attempted a factory reset, then that failed and it undid the changes, so i try to login and it says user profile...
  5. I tried to reset my pc, it undid the changes and now it doesn't work..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to reset my pc, it undid the changes and now it doesn't work..: So i was having an issue with my network adapters at first tried a lot of things like a reset on network, uninstalling, reinstalling, none of that worked so i just attempted a factory reset, then that failed and it undid the changes, so i try to login and it says user profile...
  6. My Laptop doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop doesn't work: my laptop doesn't work even after the man made new windows 10 to it please heeelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-work/71307eee-926b-4357-a0e4-a7584cfa000e
  7. My Laptop Doesn't Start Now

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop Doesn't Start Now: Yesterday my laptop was very slow and buggy, and so i decided to restart my laptop. When I did it, I saw that there was some Cumulaitive Update going on, so I let it be, About 5 hours later, it's still the same. I've restarted the laptop etc etc, but nothing works. Normally I...
  8. Tried to reset laptop and now will not load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried to reset laptop and now will not load: Hi all i have a lenovo ideapad100s. I was hoping to sell it so to ensure that none of personal things were on i tried to reset. After it got to 39% it said it couldnt reset and no files were changes however i then had the black screen with cursor. Ive got to the...
  9. Trying to reset my laptop

Trying to reset my laptop: ok so basically i bought a laptop secondhand off of a guy. he didnt delete his stuff, so i need to. Ive tried doing a factory reset to my laptop but it says i have to delete some stuff because its taking up too much space. i dont understqnd why id have to delete stuff if im...
  10. Tried to reset my laptop and now it's stuck on automatic repair and nothing has worked

Tried to reset my laptop and now it's stuck on automatic repair and nothing has worked: It's an msi laptop and it's running windows 10. I want to reset it but i've been unable to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/tried-to-reset-my-laptop-and-now-its-stuck-on/8060fc7e-b3ee-4728-b223-651a9d7ed724