Windows 10: I tried to start X-Com 2 without any mods and got the error code application was unable to...

Discus and support I tried to start X-Com 2 without any mods and got the error code application was unable to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried to start X-Com 2 war of the chosen and it pops up with an error message 0xc0150004. After contacting 2k they said it was an error issue with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShelbyJohnson1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. I tried to start X-Com 2 without any mods and got the error code application was unable to...

I tried to start X-Com 2 war of the chosen and it pops up with an error message 0xc0150004. After contacting 2k they said it was an error issue with a missing or corrupt .dll and not their "fault"

:)

ShelbyJohnson1, Dec 2, 2019

2. Unable to start the Windows Defender service error code: 0x800106ba

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern as you are unable to access Windows Defender on Windows 10.

• Do let us know the Microsoft fix it that you have already tried.

When you run Microsoft Windows Defender, you receive one of the following error messages:

• Error Code 0x800106ba Application failed to initialize
    • Error Code 0x800106ba The systems license has expired. Your logon request is denied.
    This problem may occur after Windows Defender is updated.

Refer to the article below and follow the troubleshooting steps if not yet tried:

Error message when you run Windows Defender: "Error Code 0x800106ba"

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 2, 2019
  4. martel101 Win User

I tried to start X-Com 2 without any mods and got the error code application was unable to...

Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

@axe0 - No, there was no file mentioned, although the error code remained the same. After I used the bootsec.exe /nt60 command the File: boot/bcd line appeared, which can be seen in the photos.
    @zbook - I'll try what you have suggested and post the results. As for the assigned drive letters, no I don't know why they already have assigned letters. As far as I can recall, those were in fact the drive letters they were assigned when the computer was working, but I didn't reassign them during the troubleshooting process. The steps I had already taken are listed in the original post. I had tried to rebuild the BCD previously, but with the same results (i.e. didn't have access, system not found etc.)

martel101, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

I tried to start X-Com 2 without any mods and got the error code application was unable to...

1. I tried to start X-Com 2 without any mods and got the error code application was unable to... - Similar Threads - tried start Com

2. keep getting error code application was unable to start correctly Oxc0000142.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keep getting error code application was unable to start correctly Oxc0000142.: been working on trying to get this resolved. it seems to have started a couple of days ago. any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-error-code-application-was-unable-to/aea8c4b1-9137-47e0-95e7-4c56a72e7876
  3. Help I've got 2 COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help I've got 2 COM Surrogate: Why I've got 2 COM Surrogate processes??I had 2 COM Surrogate processes and im a little bit worried. I scanned the file with my antibirus Bitdefender and it said it is clean. The 2nd process is using a 10% of cpu. I've never seen something like that....
  4. errors unable applications to start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    errors unable applications to start.: the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b. click ok to close application. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errors-unable-applications-to-start/e94d7f40-fe81-4299-af7e-85f32f992617
  5. Is there any way to open applications without having 2 icons for that application displayed...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to open applications without having 2 icons for that application displayed...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Mintysm64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mk6an4/is_there_any_way_to_open_applications_without/
  6. Error Code [0xc000007b] the application was unable to start correctly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Code [0xc000007b] the application was unable to start correctly.: the application, "Epic Games" has been giving me the error "the application was unable to start correctly error code {0xc000007b]. i also get the same error when i try to open Farcry 4 or GTA V. since Epic games is an official application, it means something is definitely...
  7. the application was unable to start correctly error code: 0xc00007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application was unable to start correctly error code: 0xc00007b: when i open epic games launcher an error pops up sayin that" the application was unable to start correctly error 0xc000007b, i am fed up of this problem can anyone please help me....
  8. This Application Was Unable to Start Correctly Error Code: 0xc000005 & File System Error...

This Application Was Unable to Start Correctly Error Code: 0xc000005 & File System Error...: It became a big problem that I tried to resolve one error and the another error defends the actions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly/139e7dad-94b2-4329-8fad-4fb68333b1be
  9. Application unable to start due to error code 0xc0000005

Application unable to start due to error code 0xc0000005: Hi there! On my computer I have seen the Application Error appearing countless times especially when I would like to open an app. I have tried looking at the community's advice from other people especially going into Command Prompt and using sfc /scannow but it doesn't detect...
  10. Error code 8004E00F - COM+ was unable to talk to the MDTC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 8004E00F - COM+ was unable to talk to the MDTC: I've just installed Windows 10 Pro on a new machine using the Media Creation Tool. All installed OK and no issues. Once Ive applied the latest Windows updates I am no longer able to access COM+ Applications in Component Services - Error code 8004E00F - COM+ was unable to talk...