Windows 10: I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of...

Discus and support I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'll try not to make this too long, but when I installed/updated java (I uninstalled it then reinstalled the updated version over usb because of lack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GabeTheRoaster419, Mar 31, 2021.

1. I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of...

I'll try not to make this too long, but when I installed/updated java (I uninstalled it then reinstalled the updated version over usb because of lack of a wifi connection.) I realized I had to restart my computer, so I did that, then when I get to the windows loading screen, it shows a screen that you would see after you first build a computer. It wants me to install windows 10 AND put it a new product key (which I already have, a legal one at that). Note, before 20 min ago, I had a perfectly fine windows 10 with a legal product key and everything was ok. All I had was an outdated java and I wanted to update it. going to "Advanced Options" and click "Exit and continue to windows 10" it just restarts my computer And takes me back to where I started out. Can someone please help me?

submitted by /u/GabeTheRoaster419
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GabeTheRoaster419, Mar 31, 2021

2. Java installation not completing

I've tried installing java many different times, but it always displays the error "Java installation Not Completed", I tried using the offline link for java, but that didn't work either, I've downloaded and uninstalled repeatedly, but it is yet to work,
    I'm open to suggestions of how to set it up better,

PopularMnMs, Mar 31, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Xaser Win User

I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of...

Unable to auto update Java 8

after recently doing a fresh install of Win10 on my desktop PC, I installed the (at that time) most recent Java JDK for x64 and x86 including the corresponding JREs. Eversince I get the following error message just before the autoupdater completed downloading the current update:

when updating manually by downloading the installer from the website, installing the new version and removing the old one.. that works, but when the next update comes out, the error will reappear.

Also, and I have to say that this is just a guess and I don't know for certain: The Java version in the error message always seems to be the same.

I tried deleting Java temporary files and certain AppData folders as some google searching suggested this solution, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Currently, the following Java Version is installed on my Win10 x64 system:

Xaser, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of...

1. I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of... - Similar Threads - tried update java

2. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  3. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  4. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't uninstall an old Java file. I was trying to download a new version of Java but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall an old Java file. I was trying to download a new version of Java but it...: does anybody know how to fix this. I can't delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-uninstall-an-old-java-file-i-was-trying-to/b8b6be44-3670-4392-b09d-90f6eea770f4
  6. I can't uninstall an old Java file. I was trying to download a new version of Java but it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't uninstall an old Java file. I was trying to download a new version of Java but it...: does anybody know how to fix this. I can't delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-uninstall-an-old-java-file-i-was-trying-to/b8b6be44-3670-4392-b09d-90f6eea770f4
  7. WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK: So my laptop suddenly updated on its own, and the update is stuck at 94%. After a while it says: We couldn't complete the update and is undoing changes. Btw keep in mind, I'm locked off my windows. I can't access anything aside from troubleshooter and Windows Recovery which...
  8. Sooo MS forced me to update to a newer version and now my apps don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sooo MS forced me to update to a newer version and now my apps don't work: My Logitech software now doesn't work. Even their own Xbox app is now broken. I'm not sure what else yet but there are probably other casualties as well. What do I do now? submitted by /u/Swiftika [link] [comments]...
  9. Java installation not completing

Java installation not completing: I've tried installing java many different times, but it always displays the error "Java installation Not Completed", I tried using the offline link for java, but that didn't work either, I've downloaded and uninstalled repeatedly, but it is yet to work, I'm open to...
  10. I updated my pc and now it's completly unstable

I updated my pc and now it's completly unstable: Hello, So i updated my pc on tuesday late at night. When i turned it on Wednesday all my files on desktop were gone and everything basicly returned as it was when you got this computer(wallpaper was windows logo, there was microsoft edge, chrome and recycle bin). Well...