Windows 10: I try to change the resolution, but it goes back to recommended.

Discus and support I try to change the resolution, but it goes back to recommended. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone from reddit, I wanted to leave the low resolution to play csgo in windowless borderless mode, but every time I try to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/R00TZERA, Jan 1, 2021.

1. I try to change the resolution, but it goes back to recommended.

Hello everyone from reddit, I wanted to leave the low resolution to play csgo in windowless borderless mode, but every time I try to change the resolution it goes back to the recommended one, I have already tried to uninstall the nvidia drivers with DDU and reinstall from scratch , but the error persists, if anyone has a solution I would be very grateful: D

https://reddit.com/link/kooxqk/video/8a5p13wsyt861/player

submitted by /u/R00TZERA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/R00TZERA, Jan 1, 2021

2. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Resolution is less than recommended message while start up

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you receive when you boot the computer?
    • Did you reboot the device after changing the resolution? If you haven't, please reboot the device for changes to apply.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if it helps. To do so, follow the steps provided in the following help article.

How to update drivers

Make sure that the screen resolution is set to at least 1024x768 or above on your Windows 10 device. Follow the below steps to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on the desktop screen.
    • Click on Display settings and select Advanced display settings.
    • Click on Resolution list and select the recommended 1024 X 768
      size or above.
    • Click on Apply to save the setting and check if the issue persist.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

I try to change the resolution, but it goes back to recommended.

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

I try to change the resolution, but it goes back to recommended.

1. I try to change the resolution, but it goes back to recommended. - Similar Threads - try change resolution

2. Recommended display resolution is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recommended display resolution is wrong: When I open Display settings and go to Scale and Layout the recommended resolution is 1024 x 768. I got this problem with my old pc and also with my new one so I don't think its a hardware issue, unless its the monitor, anything I can do to fix this? This issue stops me from...
  3. Recommended resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended resolution: Hi,I recently finished building my new PC and successfully installed Windows on it. However, the resolution is set to 1366x768. I change it to 1920x1080 but the display is zoomed in to the center slightly. I fix this issue by going into the graphics settings and manually set...
  4. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution: I am using windows 10 pro with AMD rx 570updated driver and in the settings it is showing that the recommended resolutions to be 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080. I of course will prefer to use the latter resolution so should I continue using at the highest resolution and ignore...
  5. I switched my resolution from recommended and when i switched back everything is blurry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I switched my resolution from recommended and when i switched back everything is blurry: submitted by /u/TheKDawg101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcysy9/i_switched_my_resolution_from_recommended_and/
  6. My resolution changed and I can’t change it back

My resolution changed and I can’t change it back: Hello, I have been having this problem with my windows 10 resolution. Yesterday, I was messing with the settings on the nvidia control panel and I clicked to restore all global settings in the “Manage 3d Settings” tab. When I did that, the screen turned black for a second and...
  7. Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal: So I'm gaming, pop an achievement, screen goes blank, adjusts the resolution to show the achievement, then screen goes blank and adjusts resolution back to the games resolution. FYI, I'd like to keep my acheivements active so don't want to simply disabled then. Thanks in...
  8. Recommended Resolution in Windows 10

Recommended Resolution in Windows 10: Hello, Which one should we choose? Why lower resolution is recommended? Laptop model is: K540u and GPU is Geforce MX 120 [ATTACH] Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommended-resolution-in-windows-10/ec291fb9-d2bf-436d-8a30-500232eebbff
  9. Increasing RDP connection resolution over the recommended resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increasing RDP connection resolution over the recommended resolution: Hi, Is it possible to increase trough an RDP session to a laptop, the resolution above the native resolution of the laptop? If so could it damage the laptop? For example if the laptop has a maximum (Recommended) resolution of 1366 x 768, using 1920x1080 on the RDP...
  10. I think the recommended screen resolution is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think the recommended screen resolution is incorrect: I recently purchased a refurbished dell with Windows 10. The screen is "zoomed in" and blurry, and the sides of apps or windows is often cut off. I increased the resolution in the display settings from the recommended "1024x768" to 1152x864 and to 1280x1024 (the only...