Windows 10: i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

Discus and support i try to delete a document folder but i get a error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i try to delete a rockstar games document folder but it wont let me i get this error and i try to fix it but i dont know how. can someone please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sam damee, Apr 28, 2021.

1. sam damee Win User

i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

i try to delete a rockstar games document folder but it wont let me i get this error and i try to fix it but i dont know how. can someone please help me with this problem i am already waiting 2 days

:)

sam damee, Apr 28, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused i try to delete a document folder but i get a error :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well i try to delete a document folder but i get a error :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Apr 28, 2021
  4. i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

1. i try to delete a document folder but i get a error - Similar Threads - try delete document

2. Windows 10 deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete: When I tried to delete a folder, Windows 10 instead deleted the Parent folder of the folder I tried to delete. I think I mouse clicked on the folder I wanted, right clicked, and chose "delete". Perhaps, I selected the file and then hit the delete key on the keyboard....
  3. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This folder won't delete no matter what I try: I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do? submitted by /u/ls_2012...
  4. Documents deleted from Documents folder

Documents deleted from Documents folder: Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-deleted-from-documents-folder/e4820f99-d6b3-4c03-855b-d996b67cb146
  5. I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.

I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.: I can't delete a folder. This folder needs to be deleted though. I reset my pc and the folder i am trying to delete is the one where apps were installed on my d drive. I go to set my default app location and it says error. I did plenty of research, tried software such as...
  6. I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that...

I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that...: I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that folder.... but I can delete sub folders... What is wrong???...
  7. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.: I am the admin for my computer, but it says I need to provide Admin permission??? I hit continue, but nothing happens.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-dialogue-box-when-i-try-to-delete-these/20a90bbc-f5b4-4293-83a8-9001199f2332
  8. Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete: Hello Microsoft community, I was deleting some folders, the file structure looked like this: Projects\ \Project1 \Project2 \ .. The .. refers to a folder name. I deleted the folder named ".." and it ended up deleting the entire...
  9. I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything

I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything: I downloaded notepad ++ from a third party because I needed an older version, but it also installed a program SAntivirus, which I cannot delete no matter what I do. I've tried all the third party things, access denied, I tried all the basic things like through task manager,...
  10. Anything I try to download gets auto deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anything I try to download gets auto deleted: PLEASE HELP ME ! ive had this problem when i first logged on my pc i have disabled every antivirus program plus windows defender i have no extra plugins on google chrome EVERYTHING is turned off. Whenever i try download literally anything thats not malicious it auto deletes...