Windows 10: i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

Discus and support i try to delete a document folder but i get a error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i try to delete a rockstar games document folder but it wont let me i get this error and i try to fix it but i dont know how. can someone please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sam damee, Apr 28, 2021.

1. sam damee Win User

i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

i try to delete a rockstar games document folder but it wont let me i get this error and i try to fix it but i dont know how. can someone please help me with this problem i am already waiting 2 days

:)

sam damee, Apr 28, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused i try to delete a document folder but i get a error :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well i try to delete a document folder but i get a error :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Apr 28, 2021
  4. i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

1. i try to delete a document folder but i get a error - Similar Threads - try delete document

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. I get an error message when I try to open a text document

I get an error message when I try to open a text document: When I try to open a text document I get an error message. Wherever I try to open it from it just doesn't work.This all happened after I got a bluescreen and windows restored itself.This is the error message:Are there any solutions to this problem?...
  5. I get an error message when I try to open a text document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get an error message when I try to open a text document: When I try to open a text document I get an error message. Wherever I try to open it from it just doesn't work.This all happened after I got a bluescreen and windows restored itself.This is the error message:Are there any solutions to this problem?...
  6. I delete the 'My Documents' folder in "C:User:MyName::"

in Windows 10 Customization
    I delete the 'My Documents' folder in "C:User:MyName::": Hello !How can i retrieve my document folder in "C:User:MyName::" ? I deleted it not on purpose.Thank you in advance for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-delete-the-my-documents-folder-in-cusermyname/6a1d82d5-a91e-4e2e-adc6-d42eb3a8c5a2
  7. I delete the 'My Documents' folder in "C:User:MyName::"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I delete the 'My Documents' folder in "C:User:MyName::": Hello !How can i retrieve my document folder in "C:User:MyName::" ? I deleted it not on purpose.Thank you in advance for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-delete-the-my-documents-folder-in-cusermyname/6a1d82d5-a91e-4e2e-adc6-d42eb3a8c5a2
  8. I delete the 'My Documents' folder in "C:User:MyName::"

9. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.: I am the admin for my computer, but it says I need to provide Admin permission??? I hit continue, but nothing happens.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-dialogue-box-when-i-try-to-delete-these/20a90bbc-f5b4-4293-83a8-9001199f2332
  10. Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete: Hello Microsoft community, I was deleting some folders, the file structure looked like this: Projects\ \Project1 \Project2 \ .. The .. refers to a folder name. I deleted the folder named ".." and it ended up deleting the entire...