Windows 10: I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other

Discus and support I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im using a laptop (tobisha) with windows 10 installed and i just hooked up another monitor to my main, configured the settings, and moved my cursor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FlizYT, Sep 8, 2018.

1. FlizYT Win User

I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other

Im using a laptop (tobisha) with windows 10 installed and i just hooked up another monitor to my main, configured the settings, and moved my cursor to the other monitor to try to open chrome on the other monitor but it opened on the other monitor, rendering the second monitor pointless, ive fiddled around with settings, nothings working, Please Help.

:)

FlizYT, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Prabhavathi Patil Win User

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other - Similar Threads - try interact monitor

2. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...
  3. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Support
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...
  4. When I try to print, I receive the message "Save Printer Output As".

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I try to print, I receive the message "Save Printer Output As".: When I try to print, I receive the message "Save Printer Output As". The printer and laptop have both been with me for a time, so I thought it might be my printer as it travels with me, so I purchased a new HP. Once installed, I tried to print...and same message! Help!!!...
  5. Two monitors, want a different app showing up on the other monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two monitors, want a different app showing up on the other monitor: I use Windows 10, not xp, you pricks made me quit that product for more **** from you. Have not had one answer correct from you. I have 2 monitors both show the same app. I need to show one app on one monitor and the other app on the second monitor. How do I make one app...
  6. Web pages not loading properly on one monitor but fine on the other?

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading properly on one monitor but fine on the other?: I have a dual screen setup of a Sony Bravia and a standard LCD monitor. The television is connected to a Raedon R9 via hdmi and the monitor is connected to my ASUS P8Z77-V vga port. I have updated both drivers to the most up to date, the monitor is using IntelHD4000. I use...
  7. How can I watch Football on one monitor and play WOT on the other?

How can I watch Football on one monitor and play WOT on the other?: Hi, for the first time I'm using dual monitors. An old generic Dell and a newer vizio 32in 1080p tv lol. So I was playing WOT when I realized the Citrus Bowl was on. Cool thinks I, i have dual monitors, I can put the game on where Spotify is showing and play WOT while...
  8. GTX 1060 Will only output 3 monitors.

GTX 1060 Will only output 3 monitors.: Hi Guys, System specs: [img] Monitors: 4x 25" LG Ultrawide IPS Full-HD Monitor - 25UM58-P 2560 x 1080 I am trying to run the 4 LG monitors from the GPU using 3x DP1.2-HDMI and 1x HDMI-HDMI. I am currently unable to achieve any output from the one same DP...
  9. How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?: I've got a really funky setup. Basically XBOX One (HDMI to HDMI)/ Computer (HDMI to HDMI) to Receiver (supports 4K passthrough) to Monitor (via HDMI) I also have my computer plugged directly into my monitor via DisplayPort. I want to be able to hear my XBOX One through...
  10. Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help!

Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help!: So I just got a 4k monitor to add to my two 1080p monitors. I set everything up and it was all fine and good for an hour or so. Basically what's happening is the scale option is locked to the primary display. If I increase the scale of one, the rest follow suit. I've been...