Windows 10: I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other

Discus and support I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im using a laptop (tobisha) with windows 10 installed and i just hooked up another monitor to my main, configured the settings, and moved my cursor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FlizYT, Sep 8, 2018.

1. FlizYT Win User

I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other

Im using a laptop (tobisha) with windows 10 installed and i just hooked up another monitor to my main, configured the settings, and moved my cursor to the other monitor to try to open chrome on the other monitor but it opened on the other monitor, rendering the second monitor pointless, ive fiddled around with settings, nothings working, Please Help.

:)

FlizYT, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 8, 2018
  3. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 8, 2018
  4. I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other

1. I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other - Similar Threads - try interact monitor

2. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  3. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  4. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. One monitor works the other doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One monitor works the other doesn't: Hello everyone, thanks for reading and helping in advance. Yesterday I switched an old psu for the current one, which somehow caused the old monitor, 24" let's go with 24" coz i forgot the brand not to give display. At first I thought I have not fully slotted in the rx550 but...
  6. One monitor works the other doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One monitor works the other doesn't: Hello everyone, thanks for reading and helping in advance. Yesterday I switched an old psu for the current one, which somehow caused the old monitor, 24" let's go with 24" coz i forgot the brand not to give display. At first I thought I have not fully slotted in the rx550 but...
  7. One monitor works the other doesn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. One monitor lighter than the other

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One monitor lighter than the other: Hi everyone! I have an Inspiron 7373 2-1 and I am using a USB-C dock and I am using a dual monitor display . One of my monitors is connected to my laptop and the other is connected to the dock since there is only one HDMI port on each. After booting my computer, the display...
  9. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...
  10. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Support
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...